Help us name our 3rd kitten!

She died on Friday, 8 months old. We were and are very sad. We did nothing wrong and spent money to get her care, but nothing was going to work and the poor little girl just was not healthy there.

I’ll never forget her even though it was only 2-3 months in our lives. I am tearing up even thinking about her little face and cute little way of standing(feet apart, independent little look on her face).

She had been found walking down the road alone, clearly walked away from Mom. We provided for her even though she didn’t make it in the end. She would have never survived in the wild.

Oh the poor kit! But at least she had 2-3 good months, with people taking good care of her.

I wonder if her mother realized something was wrong and put her out? That sometimes happens, as it increases the chances of the rest of the litter if Mama doesn’t put energy into kits unlikely to survive.

Oh, I’m sorry. She was such a sweetie.

StG

The third cat this thread was about died a week ago at the senior age of 16. She was a wonderful girl and it was this thread that named her River.

She didn’t suffer a long time. Just kind of got sick and we knew it was the end.

She outlived the other two cats we got with her, probably out of a sense of spite. We loved her so much.

My sympathies.
Will you get another cat someday? I hadnt seen this thread originally, and was going to pipe in and say Breezy is a good name.

So sorry. We put so much love and care into these little beasties it’s hard to let go.

Go pet kittens at a shelter. Bring treats.
It helps.

@Mahaloth, I am sorry. She had a good long life with you.

I was less destroyed than I expected. I was mainly thankful to have such an amazing girl for all those years. I don’t feel ripped off if a cat lives 13+ years and her brother Cade was 15 and she was 16. Our poor dear Inara was only 7 and that hit hard.

The next one, male or female , should be Ja(y)ne.

Seriously , they really wrap our hearts around those little paws don’t they? We lost our girl in March and getting ready to get a new baby this month. I can’t wait!

Our new kitten is Willow.

Oh excellent, new kitten! even though we don’t get to help find a name.

How old? What appearance?

She was born March 21, so about 9 weeks. Here she is:

My goodness. I’m just now reading this thread and it’s been a roller-coaster! All good wishes to Willow and her deserving new family.

What a pretty kitten! I love calicos.

(well I love all the other colors too of course – )

Will you be getting her a feline companion? At this age she’ll adapt easily to living with other cats – and she was probably just doing so.

Is the photo in your house? If so, she’s adapting really easily to her change in living quarters!

We have two four-year-olds and one one-year-old, so she has…well, future friends. Now, they all find her rather too energetic and zoomie.

Yes, this is our house.

My wife said not a Calico, she is a “torby” or something.

Ah, yes, four cats is a pretty good houseful! (that’s how many live with me, at the moment. They’re approximately 11, 7, 5, and 3. The only one I know an actual birthdate for is the dog, who is just over a year.)

And she’s a confident kitten, not spending her first three days under a bed.

– I think I’m not properly up on the details of which tricolored cats get called which.

She was not a find from the wild, I think. They bottle fed her from very young, so she likes people.

All of mine have learned their names. If your cat doesn’t know his, he’s either faking you out or really does have a tiny brain.

Tortoiseshell, is the term, aka tortie.

Here she is with one older sister. Mind you, Daisy(the older one) is only 8 1/2 lbs. She just looks big compared to a baby cat.