Help us name our 3rd kitten!

My baby niece is like this, but with Kraft Dinner. :smiley:

I always wanted to get 5 cats and name them Pestilence, Famine, War, Plague, and Scooterpie. You could start working on that.

Yay! River is a good name. But I really love YoSaffBridge!

Of course: they’re cats. My only point was that they do appear to recognize their individual names. If I call one name to a clutter of three or four cats, only the one called will give the ear twitch, (and often the one called will actually get up and come over).

:bump:

:update:

Sad to tell you that 13 months ago, Inara died an early death from kidney failure. Very sad and she was just 7 years old. :frowning:

River, however, is doing great. She was the cat this thread is titled for and she is doing great. She’s a chubby cat as a full grown cat, but has no health problems at this point and we thinks he’ll outlive us all.

Kaylee ended up being male, much to everyone’s surprise. We renamed him Cade(from Cade Foster on First Wave) and he is thin, healthy, and doing great.

:slight_smile:

Sorry Mahaloth. I hit that link and got nothing but a 404 error screen.
On my smartphone.
River? OK. :slight_smile:
We once had a male kitten with 6 toes on one front foot and 7 on the other. We named him Ripley.
Poor little guy. After a few months we found him in the back yard–dead. :frowning:

Yeah, kidney failure is a common cat problem, but it was awfully early at 7. My Mom is the one who noticed. Inara was cuddling with them and she usually only sat with my wife. She was a skinny girl, but I noticed her ribs were feelable and was concerned. She meowed quietly and we took her to an emergency vet. It was bad news. I called about an hour later and had the poor cutie put to sleep.

Lots of tears, but it was wise.

Sorry for the loss of Inara.

If it’s intentionally bumped it’s not a zombie. But you’ve been around here long enough to know the rules - bad links to critter pics is a flogable offense. :eek:
What does River look like?

:bump:

I’m updating with some potentially sad news from the Mahaloth family. Our little cat that the first post called “Kaylee” now appears to be quite ill. I should tel you that Kaylee was male and we flipped his name to Cade.

A wonderful cat, very calm and cuddly. He’ll be 15 in April if he survives, but he is losing weight and the vet thinks odds look very bad. Probably lymphoma. He’s not in pain and we are giving him medicine, but if he continues losing weight, we’re going to have to put the poor boy to sleep.

Sorry for the sad update.

Happier update:

River, the “3rd kitten” this thread was about? She’s fine. Happy as a cat can be, though she is now almost 15 and can be a grumpy growly cat, especially since we added two more kittens to the family two years go.

Anyway, please send prayers for Cade and for us as we navigate the best decision for him. We love him too much to allow him to emaciate away or experience any pain. Vet says no pain at this point and we are giving him his steroid, appetite medicine, and his tummy meds to see if we can help him get some food in him.

Looks like this was settled before I got here.

– wait a minute. June 2007? This was settled before I ever heard of here!

I’m sorry about Cade. I’ve had more than one purry, apparently quite happy, slowly emaciating away cats, who died very easily and comfortably at home. But you are the ones who are with him, and you’re the ones who can (in consultation with the vet) tell what he needs.

Will hope in any case for something unexpectedly treatable; and am glad that River is doing well; and that you have now-two-year-olds to help keep you going.

We’ve pretty much committed to having younger cats around forever so we are never catless. When River and Cade have both died, we’re probably going to look for the right timing to grab another couple of moochers to move in.

Cade died today. He took a turn for the worse and my wife took him to the vet to be put to sleep. We treated him two weeks here and he was doing pretty well, but pain and everything hit him bad today and she realized Cade would not survive.

We’re really sad, but he was almost 15 and we’re also really thankful .

Turns out our “3rd kitten” that needed a name has now outsurvived both of the others. River is still doing fine.

:cry:

I’m so sorry. Losses of pets is very hard, but you loved Cade well, and did your best for him when it was his time.

Give River nose boops and head smooches, if she’ll take them.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Yes, as he was in pain then you did the right thing. I’m glad you got those two weeks; and I’m very glad that you and Cade got those 15 years.

Give River a hug for me (also, presuming that she wants one.) – if it’s practical, show her the body, so she won’t be looking for Cade. I know it isn’t always practical to do so.

I’m so sorry about Cade. They certainly leave a hole in our hearts when they leave.

D’Arnaud is a good cat name. As in “Where is that darn ol’ cat?”

Get this. My wife went out and began looking for a cat, our grieving for poor Cade finally somewhat easing. We brought home a cutie yesterday and…named her Kaylee! That was Cade’s original name back in 2007 before we found out he was male. Yes, we are sure that Kaylee is indeed female and she joined our family yesterday. Keeping her separated from the other cats until we get a vet checkup.

Here she is.

You’re definitely right; she’s a cutie.

Kitty kitty kitty kitty kitten!

Sad news. We think Kaylee, our little newbie, is not going to survive to adulthood. Bad kidneys, possibly FIP. Waiting on test results and treating her as long as we can. We’re really upset.

I am so sorry! Here’s hoping for unexpectedly good news.

If the news continues bad, at least I’m sure she’s been having a very good time with you.