Heroes 12/8/08 "Our Father" (spoilers)

Personally, I don’t mind calling him “the Haitian,” provided that we refer to the other fella as “the Haitian’s brother.”

This show has become a full-on soap opera. I’m still annoyed my DVR is consistently missing the last minute or two.

Prediction for next week :

Sylar confronts Angela about the lie of his family. He tries to kill her. She asks how he could do this to his mother. His liar sense doesn’t tingle. He incredulously asks her to say it again, then angrily asks when she doesn’t immediately comply. She says it again.

He discovers she’s his real mother, but Arthur Petrelli wasn’t his father - he is the illegitimate offspring of Angela Petrelli and Kaito Nakamura, the product of their affair referenced in Season Two. This makes him half-brothers with all the other male leads, and makes things as confusing as possible.

Is this a whoosh? The actor’s name IS Jim. (Or Jimmy, rather.)

Pffft, that’s not scary.

Stabbed by his half brother-pretty biblical. But that’s one tall dude to come from a couple of short folks. Can I interest you in a half-Mendez Sylar instead?

And Lightray gets to do the snarky recaps now:D

Gah! Stop that! Did I not just say that they’re snatching fannish ideas as fast as can be? Cripes, link up DL with the Haitian and make them relatives too and it really will be Dynasty/Falcon Crest with superpowers.

:stuck_out_tongue: I think I’d strain my snark-muscles. And I need those. there’s another episode left to go.

One problem with the recap, it was Mohinder that made the jello, not Sylar.

Speaking of the mood-slime, why didn’t Mo try it out on himself? He ain’t gettin’ any prettier.

I know. Does Bennet know his name? if not, that must have been needlessly confusing out in the field or shouting across the office “hey…uh, Youthere? Phonecall for ya”. For that matter the whole business of making phonecalls at all must be one pointless nightmare for the Haitian.

HA! I can so picture Robert Forster consulting his desk diary and hear him muttering exactly this in his distinctive tones.

Also, in one of those “wish I’d thought of that” things, one of my friends pointed out the scene in which Sylar shows up to to pause the bullet is a microcosm of the whole season. In that he forcibly gets in the middle of other people’s drama, angsts a bit, takes all the credit and then flounces off stage left, leaving everyone sidelined and confused in his wake.

I told you that Sylar was not a Petrelli back when it was first revealed. I knew Mama Petrelli was just using him, as was Papa. Glad to have been proven correct.

Same here. That’s NBC’s fault. Fortunately, I DVR My Own Worst Enemy. If you don’t, many DVR’s have a setting that allow for overrun (good for sporting events). You may want to add time to the end if yours does that.

D’oh! :smack:

Looks like Annie is back on the hook for snarky recaps.

That’s okay, I’m sure Sylar would have made some interesting jello. I bet he’d put it in one of those brain molds. Maybe add some bits of pineapple and some Cool Whip.
Hey, if Sylar isn’t a Petrelli, maybe Peter isn’t either and they actually are twins that were separated at birth. Sort of a nature vs. nurture experiment by the Petrelli’s. “Let’s raise one twin in our loving household and give the other one to the crazy “Carrie’s Mom” lady and see which one turns into the psychopathic killer! It’ll be fun.”. That would also mean that Nathan isn’t really Peter’s brother and would make all that Nathan/Peter slashiness a bit less oogy.

And then it wouldn’t be icky if Claire and Peter got together! Well, at least not incestuously icky…

The oogy is half the slash! Also, it would just be the height of conceit for A&A to think that they were the normal loving parents, and nice but dopey Mrs. Gray the freak-raiser (hey, would you have seen those issues in her 30 years ago, or just some nice Catholic gal and her tinkerer husband?)

Sylar didn’t ask Arthur if he was his father- he asked “are we family?” Rather odd phrasing… DaDaDUHNNN!!! Don’t forget he still has Angela to go menace about his parentage. There’ll probably be a half Falcon Crest in this somewhere. I’m rooting for some IVF monkey business if they go this way.

So far only half correct. Sylar got the Spidey-sense tingle when Arthur told him “I’m your father,” but that doesn’t mean that Angela still couldn’t be his mother. You could still end up being right, though.

Heck, the way this show runs, Sylar’s real parentage will turn out to be yet another member of the original Company gang we never heard of before (and will never hear of again after one episode), who’s whacky superpower is causing spontaneous pregnancies or teleporting babies from womb to womb or some nonsense like that.

I don’t get the concept that Hiro is stuck in the past. Couldn’t he just live for 16 years and be in the present, albeit older?

Not sure how time travel is supposed to work in the Heroes universe; classic sci-fi time travel rules would have prevented Claire from being able to change her own diaper, for example. Who knows what the deal is with Hiro?

I remember watching that scene, thinking, “I guess they’re not playing by Timecop’s rules…”