Heroes 2/12 - Run! (SPOILERS)

its not that he isnt willing, he just can’t seem to remember why he opposes them…

No one raised the point of… what was the deal with the gaming comission guy?

Bob Smith, Nevada Gaming Commission, Rambo Division. If I see a rigged slot machine, I TAKE MY FUCKING COMBAT SHOTGUN AND I KILL EVERYONE.

Sadly, that scene has a slight bit of truth to it. Federal agents of all types who have nothing to do with any sort of dangerous law enforcement - like, say, an EPA inspector - have special priviledges to carry guns. I’ve read somewhere, although this may be hyperbolic or untrue entirely, that the IRS has more guns than the FBI. They apparently have their own assault teams, to lay waste to anyone who tries to evade taxes, I guess.

Also, Jessica’s/Niki’s happy home life is pretty unbelievable. “Hi honey! I know I said I was totally nuts and not in control of myself and ripped people and half and stuff so that I had to go to a psychiatric hospital to keep me away from you, but hey, good news! Turns out I’m not crazy! Dinner’s at 7.”

With all the complaints about weak writing, I don’t think anyone commented on this. Didn’t it seem strange that the lawyer who seemed very familiar with Linderman’s (nonsuper) power in the previous episode is stealing his money in this episode. How stupid can he be? He knew his life was in danger and he was depending on a rent-a-cop that he had never met to protect him. It was suicidal.

I think she took the jacket off deliberately, to reinforce Matt’s belief that there were two shooters.

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that Niki didn’t get the diamonds. If you kick someone’s ass bad enough to break them in half, you’d thing you’d be able to make them talk and 'fess up where they hid the diamonds. Linderman isn’t going to just let $2 million go by the wayside. Heck, that’s why he put hit out on the guy anyway wasn’t it?

The diamonds are going to cause more problems down the road. Mind Reader Cop is basically a good guy (at least for now), and he’ll probably die trying to do the right thing.

By that time, I was too annoyed with the whole storyline to care, other than a vague sense of, “Well, if they’re going to have a showgirl crying in the kitchen, why shouldn’t a gaming control agent show up at a storeroom?”

I’ll probably have more invective next week when they thoroughly screw up the agent’s responsibilities and privileges.

Jessica didn’t know that Matt had heard her conversation with Niki. She was suprised that he said that he had heard two people. So we don’t know if he was reading Niki’s mind or she was voicing both parts of the conversation like Golum or if Niki was physically manifested in some way on the stairs.

Or, perhaps Nikki / Jessica is being set up to take a fall, and give Peter some good publicity (nothing gets a sympathy vote like an attempted assassination).

Also, WAG on Linderman- Why he likes the paintings, why he seems to dabble so much with the Heroes… He’s a comic geek. A very, very rich comic geek who likes to be able to play ‘puppets’ with the lives of the metahumans. Perhaps even a ‘Mister Glass’-like character (reference to the film Unbreakable).

Good episode, although I completely missed the gaming agent at the end being the same guy from the hotel room. Man I’m face-dyslexic.

I agree that the Hiro/Ando story is dragging on some, but one might argue that it’s an unavoidable consquence of Hiro having such an overpowered power. It might be better than him always stopping time and fixing everything automatically.
I really liked the room-with-lots-of-melted-things-on-the-floor.

The two million, not the diamonds bought with the two million. Jessica visits the jeweller/diamond broker (I’m not 100% clear on what he is), and he turns the money over and eats the loss of the diamonds in order to keep his life.

Me too, but one thing I didn’t understand…why did Sylar feel the need to wear the guy’s clothes? Did he tell Mohinder that he’d be the one wearing The Ramones t-shirt?

Maybe Sylar’s just a Ramones fan, and figured that since he already killed the guy, hey, free Ramones shirt.

I would love to know more about Sylar’s other hobbies, too. Maybe between him killing badasses and eating their brains, we could see him chainsmoking on his couch, watching Seinfeld reruns or something.

How did Sylar escape from AED? Did he take off as AED was shooting at him? I was surprised to see Sylar running around free after the end of last week’s episode.

It’s interesting, but what would you do with that power, other than mess up your apartment and amuse your friends at parties. We could call him Recycling Man. He could melt all his trash into a nice, neat little puddle.

I’m also curious how Sylar resized the Ramones t-shirt. I suppose putting the shirt on was just “getting into the role.” Sylar seems to fancy himself a bit of a chameleon.

His big bushy eyebrows and innocent puppy-dog face kill me.

“I, I could go with you.” ::blink, blink::
“Aw, you’re so cute and harmless. Okay.”

There was a shot of him escaping through the back door. We’ve seen bullets have no effect on him before. Not sure how he got away from the Haitian though.

I wondered about the shirt - presumably he would’ve had to remove it from T1000* before eating his brain lest he get blood all over it. I need to see the glimpse of that guy dead in the kitchen again - was he naked?

*I just made that up - Memetic Poly Alloy - Liquid Metal - get it? Mgoo-hay!

Dude, his eveybrows frighten me. :eek:

It’s an artsy-fartsy film technique demonstrating inner conflict. Smeagol wasn’t two Smeagols when he talked to himself, was he? Why is this so hard for people to understand? :rolleyes:

Niki is not two physically seperate people.

Niki is not physically trapped inside mirrors.

Yep. Carnick is right. It’s just an artistic convention, folks.

I have a vague memory that Sam overheard part of Smeagol’s conversation with himself but I may be wrong. In Jessica/Niki’s case Matt “heard” them both and the quality of the sound of the conversation was physical people talking, not the murmurs that they play to let the views hear thoughts along with Matt. Of course that could be misdirection.

Regardless, in both cases I don’t think we they were portraying simple inner conflict. There are two distinct minds.

My short list of what that power could do (Some good uses, some bad):
Melt guns
Melt knives
Melt getaway cars
Melt steel frames of buildings
Melt metal fences
Melt metal folding chairs out from under someone (ok, so that would just be funny)