Heroes 2/12 - Run! (SPOILERS)

Not only that, but what was up with the “oh, so she’s incredibly strong, huh?” cop 'tude? Seems pretty believable to me - she threw him out of a window and ripped someone in half. I’d cut someone some slack if he got tossed out of a four story window and only lived b/c he landed on that sign.

Also good to see Bill Fagerbakke (“M-O-O-N - that spells Tom Cullen”) although I’m growing weary of these new characters.

In an earlier episode, it was revealed that Nathan’s father was being investigated by a grand jury for taking bribes from Linderman, but he dies before he is indicted. (Maybe he was MURDERED! :eek: :eek: :eek: ).

Sorry, I’ll be an hour more patient next time.

I’ll snag the last part of that theory. I figured soon Claire will go to New York (I think Hot Momma let it slip that her dad’s in New York) and will try to find Peter to help her make some sense of the regeneration. Since Peter’s currently running around all invisible-like, she’ll go see his family. Nathan will open the door to find his daughter standing there. And then they’ll cut to commercial.

Here’s my wildest of wild-ass guesses - Linderman is Peter and Nathan’s mom! She had her own husband put under suspicion and then murdered because he found out about her badness. She was supporting her son’s campaign, but now has decided to off him because he is too much of a liability.

Whaddya think? :smiley:

Um… okay. I’ll take your word for that. I remember comic book references and such, but the ST ones not so much. Which is what led to my “enough already” reaction, apparently.

And maybe it was just that the whole Hiro/Ando plot last night was so … useless … that any little thing would annoy me.

I don’t think we’ve met Linderman yet. My prediction is that he is the person behind AED’s organization.

I’m so happy to live in a place where I only see the episode each week and never, ever have to live through the promos. Promo depts. always try to sell AMAZING and MINDBLOWING events, while at the same time, they can never give away any serious plot points. So they tend to hype insignificant details, which might up the ratings, but piss off regular viewers.

Having no expectation, aside from watching last week, I thought it was fine. I only want Hiro to get his power back. Niki and Jessie got more interesting, but there was no Prognostipainter, no Haitan, no Murse this week and (sadly) no Eccleston. But I like the storyline about Claire. It has a Wheadonesque quality.

re. Jessica being assigned to kill Flyboy for no apparent reason: Maybe she’s being set up. She’s served her purpose in killing that guy, now he needs to have her out of the way. I don’t know how trying to kill him could get her killed, but…

Maybe it’s a test of both of them. Or maybe she isn’t supposed to kill him. Maybe she’s just supposed to rough him up and remind him who owns him. I mean, all she said was “consider it done.”

Is Jessica going to fly to NY and be back in time for dinner like everyone else in this show?

Something I forgot…when Jessica was beating up Matt was she wearing different clothes? It looked like pre-handcuffs she was in all black but post-cuffs she had on a white top with a black pattern.

Well, at least I didn’t see anyone here complaining that Niki’s family is just too boring this week.

See, she’s interesting!

She had on a jacket at first, and you can see that there’s some kind of top under it. Why she ditches the jacket with the cuffs, I dunno.

The Hiro/Ando side story was a little annoying but it gave us one of the best lines when Hiro told Ando to stop repeating what he said.
We have seen Jessica and Niki separate before, in the woods as mentioned, and another time in her bedroom. What we don’t know yet is if they really are separate at those times or if it’s just a story-telling device. The tatoo only being on one of them almost makes it seem like they must be separate entities but only one is able to manifest “solidly” at one time.
We don’t know for sure that Jessica is supposed to kill Nathan. As others have mentioned it seems crazy for Lindermann to buy a candidate and then kill him off. As far as we know Nathan has done nothing yet to cross Lindermann. We were not privy to all of the previous conversation between Jessica and her Lindermann contact or what else might have been in the package in regards to instructions. I would assume that there have been other conversations between Jess and the contact because she knew to expect each package. She may just be going to Nathan to blackmail him into doing what Lindermann wants. Yeah, Lindermann may have bought Nathan but there’s no guarantees he will do what Lindermann wants without a little extra pushing. Another possibility, maybe she’s just supposed to make it look like someone’s trying to kill Nathan to give him a little boost in the polls.
I don’t think Nathan was being heartless in not wanting to look at Claire’s pic or meet her, I think he really wanted to meet her but he was conscious of what his mother had said about him being a sap. Mom did advise him to wire the money not go there in person. I think the sappy part of him hoped to see his daughter but was kind of relieved she wasn’t there because of all the other problems that would stir up. Remember the sniffle after he got back in the car? I think the actor did a great job in communicating his inner feelings despite his words and actions.

Oh, OK. I was thinking that maybe this was another indication of the separateness of the two but I guess not.

And in the bedroom scene they were both reflected in the mirrored closet doors, so there were four of them!

Ahhhhhhhh! Don’t let her use the infinite reflection mirror trick!

There’s something to back this up too. According to pretty firm rumors, the casting of Linderman is

Malcolm McDowell (cite)

So, although I like featherlou’s theory, I’m sad to say it’s probably not going to wind up true.

The story is he had a heart attack, but in reality he committed suicide. I seem to remember Nathan being told that by his mother in an early episode.

Dang it.

Well, maybe Lindermann is in opposition to AED’s organization. A white spy vs. black spy sorta thing.

The Hiro/Ando subplot freaked me out because I totally deja vued on it. Has this exact same thing been used before, or am I getting a power like Mystery Sock? :eek:

I’ve always been curious how AED & Haitian were able to walk into Linderman’s hotel and snatch half-naked Nathan out of bed without anyone noticing. It’s almost as if Linderman is aware of AED’s organization but isn’t willing to openly oppose them.