Heroes 2/12 - Run! (SPOILERS)

My PVR missed the last minute of the episode or so. Do we see the picture that Nikki (or whatever the alter ego is named) is holding? All I see is her open the package and look at a photo but that’s where it stopped.

Yes, we do. Jessica’s next target is Nathan.

Alright, this is two weeks in a row the voiceover at the beginning of the show said Claire was going to meet daddy. Last week she didn’t even come close. This week she throws a rock at his car. That’s “meeting daddy?”

Why does Nathan even have a driver anyway? You’d think as busy as he is and needing to take a quick trip to Texas, he’d have flown himself.

Claire’s bio-mom is a skank ho.

I feel bad for Claire’s regular mom. Damn! Now she doesn’t even recognize Mr. Muggles. AED is verging on not so ambiguously evil again.

Two weeks to go before the bomb goes off. Not that we can trust the timelines on this show.

I hate that. Micah was the name of a female server at The Saloon in North Beach, in the early 90s. If anybody ever spilled a beer she was on it like white on rice. Must be how the place has managed to stand for 146 years.

I just found the video on NBC’s Heroes Website under the Video Section. It’s called “Super Hearing”.

Here! Board was down so I couldn’t post my very cogent and important thoughts. But it doesn’t matter because I don’t recognize the sovreignty of this interloping not-started-by-me Heroes thread anyway.

Finally an interesting Niki/Jessica story! All kinds of curve balls thrown. Jessica made the deal to get Niki out of jail. So does that confirm that the two are separate beings, or was there a visitor to the jail we just didn’t see. Niki and Jessica argue in the stairwell and Matt hears both of them, but did he hear them or did he hear the thoughts of the two of them? Brilliant. And I hope Matt keeps the diamonds, both because the moral implications of stealing stuff from Linderman don’t concern me and because it serves as a way to draw Matt into the story by bringing him into further conflict with Linderman.

Are Niki, DL and Micah living back in Las Vegas? I don’t recall if the captions said so.

Conversely, a deathly dull Hiro/Ando story. Utterly pointless, the whole thing.

I couldn’t tell, did Nathan actually look at the cell phone picture of Claire? Presumably he would recognize her from his last trip to Texas two and a half weeks before the election, which, finally, someone calls him on his lackluster campaign (I like his mom).

I’m hoping that the apparent conclusion we’re supposed to draw, that the Haitian’s powers used repeatedly on the same person will kill them, turns out to be a red herring.

I’m getting annoyed with Hiro and Ando just floundering around but, then again, that’s what they’ve been doing since the beginning.

Poor Mr. Muggles. :frowning: I always thought Pom Mom was a good dope name for Claire’s adoptive mom.

otto, I think Nathan did look at the picture. There’s something going on in his devious mind.

Okay, here’s a riddle. Hiro saw Nathan winning by a landslide which should mean that Jessica is going to fail in her assasination attempt, right?

Shouldn’t Nathan have recognized the cheerleader? I thought he saw her before.

Nah, I think he’s just taking what his mother said to heart (“Underneath, you’re a sap.” Hee). He’s trying to steel himself against paternal feelings.

Not neccesarily. We’ve elected dead people before.

Awesome, thank you.

I guess that is as good of a person as any. I suppose it needs to be someone who is worth killing (by that I mean he has influence of some sort) and I don’t think that is the case for anyone else on the cast. I’m not sure how it would have worked story-wise but having Hiro’s dad be the next target would be neat (but I suppose he has enough to deal with).

I’m pretty sure Nathan looked at the pic, but I can’t conclusively remember if he ever saw her before. He should know that Peter saved a blond cheerleader named Claire, but I don’t think he ever saw her or her picture himself.

I don’t think the Haitian’s powers are killing Mrs. B, just severely damaging her brain. I also am not sure that Mr. B is truly evil. The question is: did he know this would happen, and did he ever really love her? If the answers are no and yes, respectively, I think he’s just made some mistakes in trying to protect his family.

My questions:
Why on earth would Linderman want Nathan dead? After all that work to get a potential congressman in his pocket? makes no sense…

Who is this Hope? and who does she work for? and what’s in the bag? and is she super-strong or just stronger than Hiro? and why is she so transparent? and why did Ando fall for it? (OK, that last one’s easy. Poor, lonely, horny Ando.)

I don’t understand why Linderman would want to take Nathan out. He’s invested $4 million in his election campaign. He can’t exploit Nathan if Nathan isn’t alive to take his seat, and if Nathan loses, Linderman can’t try to retrieve any of his “campaign contribution” if he’s dead.

The scene where Matt overheard Niki and Jessica–was it just me, or was Niki actually, physically, standing on the stairs, and not in a reflection? Jessica looked surprised, but nobody else has commented on it. Did I not see that? Am I making stuff up again?

Something that annoyed me: One of the reasons I wanted to watch this show in the first place was because Greg Grunberg is in it; I really loved him in Alias, so it was nice that they finally gave him something to DO last night instead of mooning around over his cheatin’ wife (and that whole thing seems to have been resolved awfully quickly) and talking talking talking with FBI Chick.

But then, his client gets killed, and the other cop is mocking his story about there being two killers, and he hears the cop’s thoughts about what a loser he is. Um? The victim was ripped in half. This happens every day in LA that this guy is so blase about it? I mean, I get that Parkman is supposed to have a big inferiority complex, probably to set up him doing some BIG HEROIC THING, but that was just stupid.

I saw that too. And wondered at it. Though if the two halves of Niki/Jessica can manifest separately, that would account for how she managed to make the deal to get Jessica out of jail. OTOH, if they can manifest separately, why the drama about who’s in charge?? :dubious:

The Hubby and I were talking about last night’s episode this morning, and we both finally admitted what we’ve been thinking – the show’s writing is so scattered now that we’re not sure how much longer we want to continue watching.

It’s the middle of the season; they shouldn’t be introducing new things right and left without closing a few of the outstanding storylines, at least a little. Here are some of the questions I’d like to see them answer in the next couple of weeks (but I’m not betting money on any of it happening):

1. Just who is AED working for? What’s the organization all about? What do they want to do with the supers as they’re found?

2. Who’s the Haitian working for, or has he gone rogue from AED’s organization? Why did he leave Claire with her memories and then, apparently, intend to leave her high and dry with no other support?

3. What’s Sylar’s plan? Why is he stealing all the powers he can? Is he addicted to it, or is there a larger plan involved? And what resources does he have (pre-Mohinder; apparently Mohinder’s dad didn’t really have a full list available) for finding supers, because obviously he did.

4. Why are they so intent on keeping Linderman out of the picture? That’s the only reason I can think of for the truly stupid introduction of Hope. If they just don’t want us to see his face, heck, Charlie’s Angels managed to go how many seasons without us seeing Charlie? I was really looking forward to Hiro trying to persuade Linderman (or even his assistant – see, I can be flexible) to hand over the sword.

4a. For that matter, what’s Linderman’s connection to the supers?

1. Why have the supers who know of other supers (Matt, Claire, especially I’m looking at you) apparently totally forgotten about the others? I’m getting the feeling that the creators of the show just don’t want all of the supers together in one place, for whatever reason, so they’re coming up with all these clunky distractions (and talk about an aptly-named episode) to somehow force the supers apart.

2. Micah raised a very important question last night, and both his parents just blew it off. That’s a discussion I’d like to see.

3. Peter has got some serious issues when it comes to Nathan, and I’d really like to see the brothers come to blows over those issues. Well, maybe not physically (but a mid-air fight between the two of them would be a fangirl moment for sure), but Peter needs to grow a pair where Nathan’s concerned.

On a totally unrelated note, all the Star Trek in-jokes are getting old. The license plate last week was fun. But using “Sulu” and the Vulcan salute this week were :rolleye: moments for sure.

I’m not saying all of these questions need to be answered right away, but at least give us some resolution of one or two of them, so we won’t feel like it’s a scramble.

(I’m reminded immensely of Huckleberry Finn. Twain finished the main storyline in about Chapter 14, when Huck apologized to Jim, and then the novel turned into a series of adventures. Same thing seems to be happening here.)

Edit: Wow. I didn’t realize I’d gone on so long. Sorry!

What was Mother Petrelli (who is looking more and more like Angela Lansbury from the original Manchurian Candidate) mean by “The Linderman Scandal”? I don’t recall Nathan’s trip to Vegas and collection of a large donation having any backlash. Seems like that may be why Linderman now wants Nathan dead, but it’s really out of left field.

My future prediction: Claire’s adopted mom dies, prompting her adopted dad to give the teary “I was trying to protect my family” speech we saw in the preview. Claire, unable to trust her adopted dad, runs away to New York in search of her biological father. She either gets the name from her biological monther (unlikely, as Hot Momma seems about to disappear) or she seeks the help of the only person she’s ever met that lives in New York–the uncle she never knew she had, Peter Petrelli.

Whether this happens all next ep or takes weeks to unfold, that’s my prediction.

One more prediction, which I’m less sure will happen: Matt will agonize about the diamonds for a while. Maybe he’ll tell his wife, who’ll freak out that he put them in danger by taking the stones. He’ll eventually be unable to convince himself to keep them and decide to go to Vegas to give the diamonds to Linderman, who he doesn’t know is a bad guy. Matt may think of this as a career move, getting on the good side of a powerful man so he can get some security work from Linderman. Instead he’ll be embroiling himself in the Vegas situation. He might even be sent to New York on some errand involving Nathan, though he won’t know why. His mind-reading won’t help him, because he’ll never meet Linderman directly, and the go-betweens he does meet won’t know what’s really going on.

Neither of these predictions will come true, of course. My track record on predicting this show is abyssmal.

Ando, buddy. A word of advice.

Prostitution is legal in Nevada. Well, not where you are (Vegas), but you’ve got a Nissan Versa and a road map. Go tell Hiro that you’ve got an errand to run and that you’ll be back in a day or so. Then you will be well rested, your mind will be clear and you’ll be able to see through the tears of an amazon stripper.

Hell, bring Hiro along. I can see the advantages of using a temporal loop to turn a half an hour into an all-nighter.

I commented on the scene upthread, but that’s OK I’m used to being ignored. * sob *

We have seen the two characters represented like that once previously that I recall, when Jessica was stalking DL through the woods. Niki was in control and tripped. Jessica appeared in a puddle, then standing over Niki. When Jessica heard DL, she walked off, leaving Jessica on the ground. It was and is still unclear whether this is intended to indicate that both women can physically manifest in separate bodies, although I am tending to believe that it does so indicate.

ST references have appeared going all the way back to the first episode. It’s just a geeky way for Hiro and Ando to interact. I’m not the slightest bit annoyed by it.

Was that her super power?

I noticed that too. The fact that Jessica was expecting her to be in a reflection I think may mean Niki’s gradually getting stronger.

And how naive can DL be? “So glad you were let out of jail. There’s another mysterious Fedex package for you. Well, I’m taking Micah out for the day. Try not to get too bored while we’re gone.” It’s kinda funny too Micah the ATM thief thinks they should be a crime fighting family.

Does Linderman know the difference between Niki & Jessica? Seems like if he didn’t know before, he must now after all the psych eval stuff back at the jail.

And I agree the Hiro/Ando wacky time-wasting adventures are now irritating. Wasting most of the season on that stupid sword is bad enough. Grow up you big baby. But now we have to waste time along the way to getting the sword. :rolleyes:

I don’t think he’s seen her, but you’d think he’d be at least casually interested in whose life it was his brother took off and almost got killed trying to save. The reason he looked at the picture is because his mother specifically warned him not to see her or his heart would melt and he’d get taken advantage of. So now we can assume his heart has melted a little bit.

Mrs. B hit her head during the attack by Sylar, didn’t she? It could be it’s dangerous to do a mind wipe on someone who’s just suffered a head injury.