Hey! Badtz Maru !

How did you ever make out with that baking problem you had? I’m curious because I did a lot of research on the whole check card/fraud issue when you were posting about it, and I got one the other day. It got me thinking about how you ended up.

For what it’s worth, my bank included an information sheet with my check card stating the federal guidelines for fraud liability. They also said that they waive the $50 responsibility and any “bounced check” types of charges if someone uses your card in a fraudulent manner.

:slight_smile:
Zette

baking? or banking

Actually, I think that someone took his bank card and baked it into a pie after they charged a bunch of stuff on it. Something like that… :wink:

Zette

I FINALLY got all the money back, almost two months later. I’m changing banks, not because it took so much because it took so long, but because on a couple of occasions they flat out lied to me about how far along the process was.

Are you related to Ura Maru?

Thanks for the update, Batz- I was hoping it would turn out for the best for you. I’m glad you posted the original thread- it was really educational, I think. I know I looked up a lot of stuff that had not crossed my mind before, and everyone learned a little something.

By the way, I saw the cutest little Batz Maru ornament at Target yesterday- just thought I’d mention it :slight_smile:

Zette

Oh yeah, that thread…

Which thread, Zette? Ths sounds like something we could all stand to read.

And speaking of Badtz-Maru, Hello Kitty, and all those other cutesy SanRio characters, I have a funny story to tell.

There’s only one Games Workshop store here in Texas. It’s in Katy Mills Mall, in Katy (duh?), Texas - about 10-15 miles west of Houston.

Anyway, right next door to the Games Workshop store is a San Rio store. The GW guys really got a kick out of it when brought them a copy of this picture.

Pete
Long time RGMWer and ardent AOLer