Hey! Eight slices to a fucking pizza, please!

You’ve put me off my feed.

If we’re getting a large 18 or 20" pizza for sharing with a bunch of kids, we usually ask the place to double cut it. Just makes it easier and kids often think that they’re getting more that way since they tend to measure in pieces consumed and not volume.

How so? You’ve been to Australia; you know we put barbeque sauce on pies and pizza, surely? :slight_smile:

Your Dad was right, it was eight slices. Three slices plus five slices equals eight :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, not really.

Instead of making the first cut a quarters one, cut into thirds (i.e. three 60° angles in the middle). Those are pretty easy to eyeball. Cut them in half, and you’ve got 6ths. Cut those in half once more and tadaaa, 12 even slices.

I’ve ordered both medium and large pizzas from Papa John’s, and they’ve both always been cut into eight slices. Occasionally the cuts haven’t been perfectly even, but that’s never bothered me. The only time I’ve ever eaten anything larger than a large was at parties back in Chicago, and then they were cut into the squares that Frank obviously despises.

Whaaat? 8 slices? 12??

You slice a pizza so you have corner to start eating from. 4 slices is all you’ll ever need.

There’s only one word for that: MPSIMS.

Gfactor
Pit Moderator

This is how Satan cuts his pizza.

Assuming (like my father did) that each cut is all the way across the pie, AND each piece is more or less equal in size, you can’t get 15 out of a circle. 16 yes, 15 no.

DOH!
(or should that be DOUGH!)

Pizzamathics
Pdf Pizzamathics

Does it really matter how many slices you have?

It all comes out the same in the end.

Lumper. If it isn’t in 160 slices I AINT EATING IT!*

*I like to mix the pizza up in a bowl and eat it like spaghetti.

If there was ever an OP that belonged in MPSIMS, this is it.

Like this, right?

http://i41.tinypic.com/ndk6u0.jpg

I don’t know, 8 or 10 of them and you’ve got a nice snack.

“Expert” chiming in here, who used to run a pizza place…

You’d be surprised. IME most people couldn’t eyeball sixths for shit. The biggest problem was that the second cut would usually be way off center, fucking up the entire pizza. I always trained 'em to cut it into quarters first - pizzas cut into 12 came out more consistently even that way. 'Course, this was before we came to our senses and started cutting all pizzas into 8, no matter the size.

At Pizza Hut the large is 12, medium is 8.

At Little Caesar’s recently, I got one with 7. One was rather larger than the rest. I still don’t see how they managed it, knowing what the cutter looks like.

Curses on party cuts. All of the pizza places around here cut round pizzas into rectangular pieces, 3 cuts each direction. So now you have 4 corner pieces, 8 edge pieces and 4 pieces in the middle with no edge at all. Excuse me? How are you supposed to hold a piece of pizza with no edge?

Something here doesn’t add up.