Hey, mister DJ, put a record on...

crackle buzz sptzzzz hiss

…and you’ve joined us here live at 87.5 Straight Dope FM, this is DJ Kythereia and we’re taking your song dedications!

That’s right, folks–leave an e-mail at silverstarshine001ca@yahoo.ca and you’ll hear your dedication play here, live on the air, sent out to your very favourite Doper! Just tell the DJ your username, who you want to send the song to, and its title, and we’ll play the song for you at no charge!

(Don’t post your request in the thread, folks, or the DJ might not be able to get to it…!)

We’ll be right back after a short commercial break.

Great, just great.

Now I have “Hey Mister DJ” by Joyce ‘Fenderella’ Irby stuck in my head

Why yes, I* am* evil, now that you mention it… :smiley:

I’d like to hear Bing Crosby singing “I’m a Cranky old yank, in my clanky old tank, on the streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu mama, singin’ those beat-o, beat-o, flat on my seat-o, Hirohito Blues,” written by the inimitable Hoagy Carmichael.

Failing that, I’ll settle for “Charlton Heston Put His Vest On” by Stump.

Do you want to dedicate it to anybody? Here at 87.5 Straight Dope FM we’re doing song dedications to other Dopers today, y’know. :wink:

Since you’re in Toronto, I’d like to request “High Class In Borrowed Shoes” by Max Webster, and deditcate it to Kim Mitchell. “Hey man, your career wants you!”

Try to replace it with Hey, Mister DJ, I Thought You Said we Had a Deal by They Might Be Giants.

I’d like to dedicate “She Hates Me” by Puddle of Mudd to my ex-girlfriend.

OK, folks, the phone lines are open and we’ve got requests coming in!

Our first is from esteemed Doper fishbicycle, who wants to send out this song to Canadian artist Kim Mitchell… without further ado, "High Class in Borrowed Shoes by Max Webster!

music plays

And from everyone’s favourite Robot Arms, this one goes out to SwimmingRiddles: “Motor Scooter” by The Surrealists!

music plays

We’ll be back with more requests right after this break…

This just in: we have a new request from Lord Ashtar, going out to his ex-girlfriend–“She Hates Me” by Puddle of Mudd:

music plays

Keep those requests coming folks, this offer won’t be around forever!

I would also like to send a dedication to my own ex…

“Your Mom’s In My Business” by K-Solo.

I’m sure my fans approve.