Hey Taco Hell - WTF?!

Because if I studied true mexican culture for a few years, 7 layer burritos would no longer be tasty.

I worked at Taco Bell for six months. So, yes, they do have green sauce, yes, you can get it in your burritos, and no, there isn’t mayonase in the quesadillas, there’s cheese and green sauce. And “meat”. And I always ate soft tacos with beans and rice instead of meat, and sour cream. Mmm.

Actually, those first three criteria cover most 19 month olds.
Taco Bell is vile, mostly inedible “food product” that should only be handled by qualified haz-mat teams. But I do get Jonesing for it now and then. I think I need a mexican pizza.

Has it been a while since you worked there? Taco Bell used to only put green sauce and cheese in the quesadillas but not anymore. At least not in So Cal. I’m not sure about the plain cheese ones, but if you order a chicken or steak quesadilla, there most definitely is this orangish creamy mayonaisse sauce that is utterly disgusting. I always order them without sauce and that improves the taste dramatically.

Not even Taco Bell themselves claim to serve Mexican food, so I’m not sure I see any point railing about that. In their words they serve “Mexican style food products.” Not the real thing, but the derivation is pretty undeniable.

I haven’t been to Del Taco in quite a while, but I’ve hated it every time.

Now, Taco Bueno is something that I’d love to see migrate out here to California. Bueno is on the list of “must-visit” joints when my wife and I travel to visit my folks in Dallas/Fort Worth (along with the much more controversial Pancho’s Mexican Buffet).