Hey! Uke! Ovah heah!

Instead of devoting an entire thread to this one mundane, pointless issue, I would have sent you an e-mail. BUT NO… Your e-mail address is not available!

Anyway, wow! What a coincidence that you know Mark Salzman! Have you read Lost in Place? I loved it - hilarious! And it was the first autobiography I’ve read by someone close to my own age. I even made my book club read it.

In fact, my book club has a running joke that I’m going to get Mr. Salzman to come to Minnesota and talk with us about his writing.

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

With love from the poster voted as having the "Most Confusing Username"

Why don’t you get him to come out and do Tai C’hi with his shirt off?

Wait, if he’s declined physically as much as I have since 1982, that could be kinda gross.

No, I’ve never read any of his books. What’s the opposite of Schadenfreude called?

Uke

Lisa: Dad, do you know what Schadenfreude is?

Homer: No, I do not know what shaden-frawde is.[sarcasm] Please tell me, because I’m dying to know.

Lisa: It’s a German term for `shameful joy’, taking pleasure in the suffering of others.

Homer: Oh, come on Lisa. I’m just glad to see him fall flat on his butt! [getting mad]
He’s usually all happy and comfortable, and surrounded by loved ones, and it makes me feel… What’s the opposite of that shameful joy thing of yours?

Lisa: [nastily] Sour grapes.

Homer: Boy, those Germans have a word for everything!

At my college commencement, Eudora Welty did tai chi with her shirt off.

Want me to post photos?

Thanks, Phil! Thanks, Lisa! Thanks, Germans!