Hey! Where ya goin' Dad? Huh? Where?

Well, just for you…

Short skirt alert level for the day is -

Green - No skirt, but possibility for other clothing embarrassment.

No skirt on, but pants are capris (ohmigosh - she’s showing ankle!), and the embarrassment potential seems to have migrated to my shirt. See, I’m wearing a new top, and it’s really cute and ruffly - and with skinny little straps, no sleeves. I love it, but unfortunately my strapless bra seems to be trying to creep out and say hi. I think I’m winning the battle - just as long as no one tries to stand above me and look down. 'Cause then it’s all over.

I like the outfit I have on today, but something about it makes me feel like I should be holding a cocktail shaker and serving manhattans to everyone. A cocktail party feel. Don’t know what it is, but I feel that way.

Susan

I’m not feeling very much like myself today. I’m not sure who I am feeling like, but whoever it is, they are a little cranky and their back hurts. And their spelling is atrocious.

I think you should get a goat, Rue. I like goats; they’re cool. Goats are always Themselves And No One Else.

If you had a goat, you wouldn’t have to mow your lawn as much. What really works the best, though, is if you have, say, a goat and a pony. The pony eats the grass, the goat eats everything else, and as a bonus, they keep each other company. So next time you’re down at the Feed and Seed, you should check out the ponies as well as the goats. I bet Soupo and Katcha would put on their shoes to go pick out a pony.

Swampy, Jerry might actually have liked you, in his own goaty way. He might have been trying to play with you. Or maybe not.

Ok, one more note about farm animals. I don’t think you can have just one chicken. Well, ok, you could buy just one, and then that’s all you’d have, but it wouldn’t be right. Chickens need to be together. All you really need is four or five, they don’t take up that much space. Then, once they’ve established that pecking order, there’s always on chicken at the bottom of the flock who is beaten so unmercifully and continuously you have to separate them. You can point this out and tell the boys that it’s just like high school, and have given them a Life Lesson, which will make you a Good Dad. See how that works?

Rock on, Regallag! How jealous am I that you got to see Iron Maiden? Not that I had any desire to be outside in this weather.

And speaking of, would all the Southern MMPers PLEASE take your weather back? I was not designed for this 70+% humidity; I am lacking gills. I need scuba gear just to walk to my car! How do you stand it?

Ok, I (whomever I am) and all my other selves need to get back to work.

My thoughts and best wishes for the Anachi family.

Susan, if you’re handing out drinks, I could sure use one over here.

I can’t say as I have to hunt don’t kitty vomit, but kid spit-up? Oh yes. Oh brother. If my shoulder isn’t stained with something or other (be it spit-up, drool or the cookie consumed an hour and a half ago), then my name ain’t Mommy. When I posted the picture of my boy~o’s and me in our all church finery, one Doper pointed out what a brave, brave woman I was wearing white with children. Brave, Super Mama! That’s me.

Speaking of mamas, we’re all busy getting MY mama settled in up the street. She moved to my city, from her city, and bought a house right up the street! We’re all thrilled to have Grandmother close by!

In the Cooking Department: Last night I made homemade cheese sause for the cauliflower, on the theory that perhaps the children MIGHT eat it, if it was slathered in gooey, cheesey calorie-laden goodness. I can’t say that I’ve ever actually made cheese sauce before. But I have made thickened sauces, so off I went: butter, flour, milk, shredded cheese. Who cares if it resembled real, Food Network approved cheese sauce? That stuff was YUMMMMSTERS on the cauliflower, which incidentally was yummy enough on its own not to NEED cheese sauce. It did result in one child actually consuming an atomic-sized particle of cauliflower. There’s always next meal.

On a serious note: I wasn’t ‘up’ with current events in last week’s MMP, so I wasn’t aware of Mr. Anachi’s health crisis! I’m so sorry to hear it, Puggy! I am offering prayers for a quick and effective recovery, and peace to you all during this stressful time!

I found out this weekend that I’m going to be an uncle (for the first time). I think I kind of cheated, though, 'cause it’s The Wife’s sister’s kid, so it’s not really my niece/nephew. I’m just along for the ride. Speaking of The Wife, she had chickens and pigs when she was growing up. They’d keep the pig for a while (until it got all fat) and she would always name the pig and get to know it, and then they’d send it off to get slaughtered, then eat it. I’m really not surprised that she’s a vegetarian.

Best of wishes go out to all the MMPers that need them. Feel better, everybody.

What kind of muffins? Can’t tease us like that with muffins and not provide details!

And let us know how the French-bread-tofu-and-soy French toast turned out. Sounds… different. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the MMP.

(Sorry for the double post!)

MagicEyes, your bunnies are so cute. Now I’m sad that I’m not coming to NC any more, 'cause I’d really like to meet you and your bunnies.

Okay folks, I just cannot get motivated to work here. This is a bad, bad thing, because I have much to accomplish this week. What is wrong with me.

I’ll be sitting here at the 'puter saying to myself, “Self, you need to send out the reminder e-mail to the child MTFs for the tasker that is due Friday.” Then I reply to myself (in my head of course), “Yeah, but first I have to do this, and then that, and oh! did I pay that sewer bill, and crap, my tabs are due this month, and shit, I need to shop for groceries after work, and what preliminary packet is the boss talking about? and what the hell is wrong with this pivot table on this report, it’s missing something and it’s not calculating 2% of the data, and I have to pee, and shit I have that workshop to do tomorrow, and crap I need to send that reminder e-mail out to the child MTFs for the tasker that is due Friday, and I have train the Admin Asst in how to put out my one of my reports next month, and crap I have to get her access to the drive and show her how to map to it, and geeze, I really, really have to pee, and I need to start putting together this month’s data wrap-up for unappointed requests, and on and on and on, and did I pay that credit card bill? and on and and and on.”

See? I’m not being very productive and I can’t seem to focus.

Welcome to the newbies here!

When I was around 12, we had two chickens. They were really stoopid. I don’t think we ate them, though. We usually got our chickens at the grocery store, so they didn’t have names or anything.

taxi, the bunnies are unbelievably cute! They have to be cute so when they chew on the baseboards, I think “oh, they’re so cute!” and I don’t get so mad. Murray’s cute even when he’s bad (and he’s bad most of the time–but he’s not really bad, it’s more that he’s not very bright. I think he was dropped on his head when he was a wee bunny). I need to take some more pictures of them doing cute stuff, because they’re really much cuter than you’d think from these pictures.

Taters, you work hard, and you just can’t give 110% all the time, can you? So enjoy being unproductive while it lasts, and soon you’ll be back to your old hard-working self.

Never name the livestock. It makes it hard to eat the pork chops later on. :smiley:

My A/C is fixed! YAY! And I didn’t have to extract any poundage from asses to get it done. Seems the fan setting was not right. A/C guy (he was cute!) crawled up in the attic and reset the switches and cool air is just rushing out of the registers now. YAY A/C guy! They are supposed to put in a bigger air return thingy tomorrow (they were supposed to do that last Thursday but didn’t :dubious: ) I can’t be hangin’ around here for that so my neighbor who is off tomorrow has offered to let em in and all. They claim it won’t take more than half an hour. Yeah. Half an hour.

We’re fixin’ (good southern term) to get us a thunderstorm so I’m off this here puter for a bit.

This is why my sister won’t eat pork. She’s not a vegetarian, but she doesn’t like meat all that much.

French bread makes good French Toast, IMO, but I’ve only ever tried it with eggs and milk.

When I was 9, my neighbor and I stole a goat, I don’t think it was yours though. We lived just outside of Seattle, and since we weren’t allowed to cross the street, I don’t think it was a St. Louis goat.

I wasn’t around much last week, what did I miss? Is there something wrong?
Tell me, tell me NOW!

I saw a teeshirt that said, “I’m not a vegetarian because I hate meat, but because I hate vegetables!”

I made chicken and capers! With noodles & mushrooms on the side. Since the SO works late these days, I made it all by myself. He’s the Chef around here, but I have been teaching myself to cook over the past 2 years, learning new recipes, stuff like that. This is the first time I ever tried this, and the best part of it is:

He ate every bit! Yay!

Hi guys.

I went to Comic-Con on Saturday.
I went to the movies on Sunday (saw You, Me and Everyone We Know - quirky and sweet).
It’s been a long day.
I have ants in my condo.
I just had some split-pea soup for dinner.

Hugs to those what need 'em.

I think I’m gonna cry…no, I’m already crying. You guys are the coolest kids…EVER!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your good vibes. Mr. Anachi is doing really good. Well, he has bad bed head and needs a shave but I think a shower will take care of that. :smiley: Reading the MMP tonite is a tonic. Without any bolding for all of you folks I’ve come to enjoy tremendously, please hug the ones you love, just in case. No, do it all the time anyway. You can’t do that too much. Carry on. :slight_smile:

Mr. Anachi had a massive heart attack Saturday. It was quite serious but they were able to pull him through. Obviously Puggy is spending her time at the hospital right now. She reported this last night in last week’s MMP. So, this is kinda the Reader’s Digest version.

My house is cool! It’s wonderful. It’s back to its usual 76F temperature. What with the ceiling fans running, as I am wont to do, it is f-aaaaaaa-bu-lous-ly comfortable in the swampcave right now.

I also went to a visitation tonight. A co-worker’s father died Saturday. It’s been a week for bad stuff so far. Let’s all hope things start looking up.

Wintermute: I don’t stand it. I just carry a dehumidifier.

swampy: You should have told the cute repairman to come while I was trimming your hedges. sigh You’re the worst stalkee ever.

I’m not trapped in a cold, loveless marriage, I’m trapped in seven (is it seven?) lovely warm, cheerful marriages. And I have cats. The age we’re actually worried about, with regards to kids, is teenagerhood. This requires a little more explanation than you’d think.

We live in an upper-middle-class neighbourhood that’s very yuppie and yoga-pilates-coffee driven. There is no crime, and it’s very posh.

In spite of this, we get large (well, up to ten) gangs of idiot teenagers hanging out in front of the coffee shops late at night, trying to look like they’re in the middle of the ghetto. :rolleyes: Occasionally they’ll try to harrass passersby. The one who pretended to try to run me down a couple weeks ago was one of them.

We’re afraid if our kids turn out like that we’ll kill them, as I almost killed that kid. Homocide in the public interest.

Welcome to the newbies! I have seven husbands, and someone else can explain that. I’m going to go have some ice cream.

Well Mom’s gonr back to Atlanta. I talked about it a bit in last weeks MMP on Sat. but didn’t go back in there later and so missed Puggy’s post.

Our very bestest wishes to you and Mr. Anachi, Puggy. I don’t pray, and I don’t vibrate, but I do care for my friends a lot more than I usually show. I hope knowing that helps a little.

it’s 85F in my house right now. It’s 92F out on the porch. I hate this.

Cats that puke in hiding, now there’s a selling point if ever I heard one. :rolleyes:

We figure when the grandkids who live about a mile from us now get to teenagerhood it’ll be about time to move to Hawaii, or possibly Florida.

I’m gonna go cook sumpin on the grill now. Was the guy who invented BBQ grills made a saint? He shouda.

I’d like to remind everyone of the charm of the later teenage years. which follow the sullen hope-he’s-leaving-soon-because-I-vant-to-be-alone years. It is during this phase that the question becomes “You’re not going anywhere, are you? Because I need to use the car.” You have so much to look forward to, Rue. (I have no children of my own, just godchildren, niece and nephew, but I remember using this line. My brother did too.)

Glad Puggy checked in. Keep updating us on how Mr. Anachi is doing. (Sounds much better.) More hugs, thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Oh, and to whoever talked about nieces and nephews: yes, they’re lovely. I fed my nephew ice cream for breakfast once. (What? It’s a dairy product.) He wanted ice cream just before bed (and was using it to postpone going to sleep). So I told him he could have some when he got up, naively thinking he’d forget. Nope. As soon as he was up and alert, he was ready for ice cream. So I let him have a small scoop. I figure it’s not harmful as long as they understand it’s a treat and only happens at my house (which they don’t visit very often).

Welcome newbies! So, have you decided whether the winner or loser gets the chandelier? This is an important question.

Sleepy. Need to go finish re-reading Harry Potter 5 so I can start on 6. Also, no cat vomit here because: no cats.

GT