Hey, you know what today is?

It’s my Dope Birthday – I joined four years ago today.

Um, but I don’t want this to be a post-count-party or anything, so let me add that today is also:

The anniversary of the battle of Thermopylae (480 BC)

The anniversary of 1984’s infamous “My fellow Americans, I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes” speech by Ronald Reagan. (Who did that rap version – “I’m pleased to tellyatoday tellyatoday tellyatoday…”?)

Oh. And Enid Blyton’s birthday.

Party on!

… and you celebrate by tripple-posting your OP!

Congrats! :wink:

Hey, the battle of Thermopylae! That is worth celebrating! “We shall have some shade to fight in” and all that.

And Enid Blyton! Famous Five, Secret Seven… I think I read all those books when I was a kid.

(oh, and happy dope birthday. As a present, I shall make a “You’re so right!” post in reply to a post of your choosing :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Is it Triple-OP Friday? :wink:

It’s also the anniversary of the day when Geoffrey Boycott scored his 100th first-class hundred, in a Test match against Australia on his home ground at Headingley.

My middle son is one full decade old today. Maybe I should look a computer game that re-enacts the battle at Thermopylae for his birthday. Might take a while I suppose.