Heya TSD! I'm Taverner - - will you be my friend?

Just joined - I guess I’m what you’d call an “Old School” Liberal

Basically a New Deal Democrat with a big emphasis on personal liberties

About the only issue I agree with the right on is guns, and THAT’S because I’m afraid of armed Right Wingers!

Welcome to the Straight Dope, Taverner. I’ve moved your thread to MPSIMS, which is where people usually introduce themselves. Check out the forum descriptions as a good way to get oriented – there are also various rules and guidelines threads in ATMB (About This Message Board).

twickster, Cafe Society moderator

Welcome. You have taken your first steps into a larger world. And I hear the pie is great!

Support your right to bare arms! Tank-tops for everybody!

Welcome aboard.

At last, someone who’s willing to express some kind of political opinion.

On this board? That’s a first…

We normally abbreviate the boards here as “SDMB.” But the real question is, have you been to Baía, Taverner?

Hello Taverner. Be welcome. Enjoy your stay. :slight_smile:

Hi Tavener. Do you want us ALL to be your friends? That’s a lot of friends.

Especially when we all come over to your place at the same time.

I’m very picky when it comes to friends. I do like taverns, though.

Oh…if anyone mentions squids, ignore them and go for the coconut octopi instead.

Dibs on the recliner!

This should be a bumper sticker, if it isn’t already.

Welcome to the Best Place on the Web EvAr! srsly.

I swear before God that I don’t know this person -------- but I think I like them already.
:smiley:
Avoid the new school of liberals; you may find them more frustrating than most of the hard-core Right Wing. At least I have. But its all fun either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
Support your right to bare arms! Tank-tops for everybody!

I got one that says I support the right to arm bears -------- but I could find room for the other one too!