Hillary went straight demographic warfare

It appears to be more “Wait, if white males are not the most important people in the room, there’s something wrong with the room.”

Shodan is on board! The Draft Romney movement gains the Big Momentum! Pale, tired and ill-prepared! He’s not insane!

Hey everyone, let’s just make sure we keep attacking the post and not the poster. Several posts in this thread could have earned a ding for mocking or attacking the OP. I don’t want more of that.

Watch the video. Apparently 'demographic warfare" is code for inclusive. The stupid, ugly bitch wants to be president of all Americans. Why can’t she discriminate? Politics sucks without some good old-fashioned hatred.

It almost makes you feel bad for the republicans. They have to pretend that their policies will benefit the middle class and that everyone is welcome in their party. It’s so much easier when you don’t have to lie.

The one Republican issue that unambiguously would benefit the middle class and attract their votes would be a candidate who pledges to repeal the disaster that is Obamacare root and branch on his first day in office. If they ran someone who made that his #1 issue and refused to pander to the homophobes and the warmongers, I would vote Republican for the first time in my life along with enough people to ensure victory for that candidate. Unfortunately, I do not expect this to happen.

Dude, you are quite confused. How many times has the GOP-controlled House voted to abolish Obamacare? I think it’s over 50 now, but I confess I’ve lost count. And it’s one of those positions that every GOP Presidential candidate has to take, or kiss their chances goodbye.

If repealing Obamacare, root and branch, is the issue above all others for you, then you can relax. Whoever the GOP candidate is, if he wins the election (without losing the Senate of course), will do just that.

The House has voted to repeal Obamacare like 50 times. Have you been voting for Republican representatives for the last four years?

In other words, your healthcare won’t be affected.

I live in a district so heavily Democratic that Republicans do not run candidates. I also have problems with voting for them because I do not agree with Republicans words or actions on many issues.

Right now, Ted Cruz’s major issue seems to be “no boys kissing” and I have no idea what Rubio or Paul want to do other than “make America great again” or whatever. The candidate who inspires enough confidence in his anti-Obamacare integrity to overcome the drawbacks of the GOP does not appear to exist yet.

The repeal of the ACA will be of infinitely more harm to the Republic than the retarding of the legalization of homosexual marriage nationwide. Could you please tell me why you are so passionately opposed to a modestly reformist bill that has dramatically expanded access to health insurance while ending the worst abuses of the previous system?

It probably got rid of his terrible insurance that he was overpaying for and gave him coverage over things he doesn’t yet suffer from. So in other words, worse than slavery :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a terrible logo. That H-with-the-arrow thing. Blah.

I’m lukewarm about Clinton, but I will probably vote for her if she gets the nomination. I guess there’s a slim possibility that the Republicans will nominate someone I’ll support. Offhand I can’t think of who that would be, but I suppose it’s possible. So, I’m probably a Clinton voter. I thought the ad was a fairly typical ad of the warm and fuzzy genre. Kind of a forgettable appeal to emotions. I don’t see how showing lots of different people, including a couple of white people, is demographic warfare, but whatever.

But that logo. Jesus.

Seeing as he’s no supporter of Hillary, I believe that, if he did agree, he would have argued it. It’s not as if he has any problem being disagreeing with the Dope majority, after all.

Because I live in reality rather than in a Vox column so I understand the actual effects of the bill.

My own insurance premiums have tripled. I have carried and paid for my own health insurance for as long as I’ve lived in my own household. I am not one of the “free riders on the system” that Howard Dean sneers at. My new plan that I pay for also has an enormous deductible that the old one did not. I liked my old plan and was promised I could keep it; then it was made illegal.

The “affordable” Care Act has in fact made health care more expensive across the board for those who actually pay for it.

To deflect attention from this objective mathematical fact, Obama’s worshippers have spun the bill as never being about lowering costs but rather about “expanding coverage.” Of course, it’s very easy to “expand coverage” by mandating that everyone buy health insurance whether they can afford it or not. I assume the next plan is the Affordable Food Act, which will mandate that everyone buy a cartload of groceries every week. Sure, a green pepper costs $5 now, but look at how much expansion of food consumption we’ve achieved!

I have no objection to paying for health care for those who cannot afford it. A simple Medicaid expansion across the board could have been passed by the same Democratic single-party government that had a blank check to do what it wanted in 2009-2010 and chose to pass the ACA instead. It would have been far less expensive and far less injurious to the already-insured than the clusterfuck of a bill we got.

Perhaps even more disastrous than the massive tax on people who pay for their own insurance is the mandating of employer-provided benefits for full-time workers. Predictably, this has caused corporations to scramble to eliminate full-time positions wherever possible. Instead of understanding the incentives he created to destroy good jobs, Obama has made speeches attacking companies for responding to those incentives.

You should be concerned about the reality rather than the Obama-can-do-no-wrong spin, because it’s the reality of what Obamacare is doing to the actual money-earning taxpayers that led to the Republican waves of 2010, 2013, and 2014. Every additional step of the program that was implemented after Obama stopped illegally suspending it piecemeal by executive order caused another massive surge in voters switching to Republicans.

I want ACA gone. I don’t want it “replaced” with anything. I want the old system back for the earners, and then people can figure out what to do about Medicaid. Your problem is that as much as you can flail about in response to me on a message board, a majority of voters agree with me, and the only thing keeping Hillary the presumptive front-runner is the fact that the Republican Party is too full of dipshits who want to talk about nonsense, like keeping gay marriage illegal and bombing Iran, to capitalize on the 100% certainty that would be a GOP victory for a candidate making “destroy Obamacare now” his only platform.

Did she really just trot out the hedge fund carried interest capital gains tax rate issue? Has she not got any new material. That’s been around since she was elected a senator in NY. I’m sure comparing it to the ordinary income tax rates paid by truck drivers will win her a few votes, but seriously, this is her plan if she gets elected? America needs new ideas.

Yeah, tell it Brother!
We should totally have the option of voting for someone that you find kind of attractive.

People who are very concerned about raising taxes on the rich already vote for Democrats. At best, it’s an attempt to head off a primary challenge from the left.

Presidential elections are won on swing voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida. Pandering harder to people who already support you won’t help. Swing voters care about their current perception of the economy, and about wedge issues. Clinton is bad on the ACA and bad on guns. If public perception in fall 2016 is that the economy is doing very well under Democrats, then it is not going to be easy for any Republican to beat Clinton. If that perception isn’t there, Clinton starts alienating gun-owning independent voters, and the Republicans nominate someone who can focus on ACA/economic issues rather than dumb religious crap, they have a decent shot.

Now she’s complaining about how executive pay is 300 times that of the normal worker. Has she calculated how many times more that speaker’s get paid for a 30 minute speech over the conference center staff get paid for cleaning up the banquet room she just spoke in. At $300k a pop for an hours work, vs. $12.50/ hour for cleaning staff that’s a multiple of 24,000x!!!

Anecdotal evidence. Assuming all this occurred exactly as you perceived it, and some people may indeed have to pay somewhat for their healthcare, we must look at the benefits of the bill exceed such cons.

This is precisely why subsidies were instituted in order to ensure that the vast majority of individuals who fell under the mandate requirements and could not pay for it would be able to do so. Obviously this is not to mention the economic necessity of such a mandate in order to encourage healthier and younger applicants to get insurance and thus drive down average prices.

There are/were many better options for health care reform-in particular a full transition to the German model with better powers on the part of the government to negotiate for lower prices. However, Medicaid in many ways is inadequately funded with narrow networks and as we saw in the last few years, some states have outright refused to expand it. Additionally there undoubtedly were political considerations due to the presence of conservative Democrats in the majority (Thank you, Herr Lieberman among others).

I actually agree that the employer mandate has been a mistake since we should be moving health insurance provision away from employers but that has been talk of suspending that provision and its harms have been fairly minimal (considering we have growing employment) which is outweighed by the benefits of the ACA in other areas.

I certainly don’t think “Obama-can-do-no-wrong”-I think he is far too moderate and cautious on most issues (while being foolishly pedantic on abortion and guns) and needs to be far more of a Truman. But he certainly has been better than any President since probably LBJ if one looks at his accomplishments. The Republican “waves” of 2010 and 2014 (not sure why 2013 is included there) were driven by factors such as low turnout, gerrymandering, generous use of the culture war issues you so despise (why else has West Virginia gone from a state that supported Dukakis and Clinton twice to a solidly GOP one?), and I suppose a good deal of propaganda and lying about the ACA.

You do realize that will mean the end of the current Medicaid expansion? That it will mean people with pre-existing conditions can once again be denied coverage? That young adults cannot stay on their parents’ plans? That the various cost-control mechanisms in ACA will all be eliminated?

You mean the same system that spends far more in terms of percentage of GDP on healthcare than any other healthcare system in a developed country?

The majority of voters like most of the provisions of ACA-it is merely the name that has become toxic due to the endless propagandizing of the Republicans. You also ignore that Republicans have made clear their hatred for Medicare, Social Security, minimum wage raises, paid family and sickness leaves etc. all of which have solid popular support. As I’ve pointed out, repealing the ACA and returning to the previous status quo of 2009 is far more “nonsense” than retarding the spread of gay marriage by a few years.

Yes we need a good dose of New Deal liberalism. And I don’t see how the age of the issue affects its legitimacy.

That does not undermine the truth of the argument and you know it.