"Hip" phrases to drive my kids wild

That’ll make ‘em do the ol’ 23-skidoo!

Or you can go the opposite direction, ala Guy Fieri of the Food Channel, and refer to anything your are impressed with as “some random noun.” Guy’s favorite is “That’s so money!” Make up your own, the more unconnected, the better.
“That show was totally lawn, man. A real brick. Mosquito.”

Call them “gay wads”.
Tell them “their shit is wack / fly”
You are not leaving, you are “Audi”. If you really want to be hip you are “Audi 5000” or simply “Audi five”.
Insist that you are not to be called “dad” or “father”, you are to be called “Daddy-o”.

Yo, zat da Crunk!

…or go all JJ Walker on em.

I’m Dynooo-MITE!

Tell them they’re harshing your mellow.

Don’t forget to do the ‘raise the roof’ motion with your hands at every chance.

“Mom, are you still taking us to the movies?”
“It’s on like Donkey Kong!”

Remember, parents, these words of wisdom from the Simpsons (and one of my favorite episodes to boot.)

I don’t know. That’s sounds so totally bucket.

Pithy Moniker, I’m squee that you spelunk my level to your chimps, but I have to quizzical – when you spelunk it do you descibe the rapper hands, or just do it?

My wife was referred to as a couger and asked our daughter if that is a good thing? My daughter said at least they didn’t call you a milf. I had to explain.

Um, how could being called a MILF be a bad thing? (If referring to someone who is indeed a mother, or old enough to be one.)

Mikemike2, I’m glad your wife isn’t a member of the Muslim Islamic Liberation Front. Because that would be the bomb. Is that what the kids today call it? The bomb? Because bombs are bad.

“Dude, you’re harshing my mellow” - is one that my youngest and I say often.

Re the mention of Jimmy Walker - after our round Saturday we were in the clubhouse watching the golf tourney, and they were showing a player named Jim Walker. We were all doing the Dy-no-mite thing like a bunch of idiots.

When my kids were very young - just learning to speak, I tried to get them to call me either Cool Cat Dad or Daddyo. Didn’t take. Tho I do have a picture hanging in my office that one of my kids did when quite young, that is captioned “Cool Cat Dad.”

I abso-shizzle-lutely do both! My peepz think it’s totally garden gnome!

You’ve always struck me as a Captain Groovy.

Also, “tight”.

But, uhm. Apparently I have to hang my head in shame because I actually use “that’s the way I roll” in an unironic sense.

I’m only 25! How can I be not cool already?! That’s fucking lamppost, man.

Pretty much any slang I use around my steps is greeted with groans…so it’s all good. I use a lot of surfer slang, “cool,” “groovy,” what-EVA.

Pretty much anything hip-hop will grizzle their tizzle, but it has to be done in the whitest possible accent you can muster (think Dave Chapelle doing an impersonation).

Or you could call them your niggas.

So, are you trying to scare them into using the King’s English or something?

I’m almost sure that it’s “outee”, like “I’m out”. But I’ve been uncool since foreva-eva, so don’t take my word for it. When hubby and I want to play that we’re cool, we call each other player or baller.

And parents, the more recent the slang, the more embarrassing it is. “Groovy” and “daddy-o” can be scoffed at, because you can’t possibly be trying to be cool with that dated stuff. Doing Borat imitations or pretending you like new bands is way more eye-roll inducing.

Yo player, did you catch the MCR concert last night? It was tight!

Nikki Tikki, 25 years old and already out of touch.

Are you sure you don’t have the terms mixed up in your post? The term cougar implies the desires of the woman, whereas MILF describes the desires of the commentor. Unless of course you are about 25 and your wife is 35+, in which case congrats on being couged.

Refer to your car as a “whip”.

“Grabbin my whip, brb”.

Pack the kids into it, then floor it and yell out, “VTEC just kicked in YO!”