Hitler's house

Or birthplace at Braunau am Inn, more accurately, has been causing a headache for Austrian authorities who do not want it to become a ‘cult site’ for neo-Nazi fuckheads. Currently the only sign that baby Adolf was there in 1889 is a plaque that reads “For peace, freedom and democracy. Never again fascism. Millions of dead remind us.” There have been a number of suggestions on what to do with the place. If the decision was yours, what would you do?

I like the idea of turning it into something mundane and apolitical. Turning it into a park or museum just gives the site more attention.

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

Parking building. Bank branch. Sex toy shop. Petrol station.

A much costlier but more thorough move would be expropriate the whole block and completely redevelop it erasing the former building lots, changing the street layout (THEN you put in the sex toy shop).

Build a Yeshiva there. Or an Israeli consulate. Or both.

Donate it to a Jewish charity and let them decide.

Supposing I became the next Hitler. I’ve lived in about 45 different houses during my lifetime. What are you going to do with them all?

Put a nice kosher deli there.

I lean toward no special treatment, but I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

In most of the US, a building that old would probably be treated as a historical property and there might be all kinds of rules that would apply. I presume Austria has something similar, but the article describes a bill before parliament, and I just don’t think it is worth that level of intervention.

Also, I see no mention of what would benefit the neighborhood. Do they need a supermarket? I’m inclined to let the redevelopment process be handled in a more normal fashion, rather than a political dictate.

As for the skinheads… they’re going to do their thing with or without a landmark. It’s probably good to move them along for the sake of the neighborhood, but if you demolish everything they congregate around, you’ll be out of buildings before long.

What about houses that look like Hitler?

Museum.

What about cats that look like Hitler? You know…Kitlers.

Here… http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cgi-bin/seigbest.pl

Donate it to a Jehova witnesses and I guarantee you the problem will solve by itself.

I voted “other” - keep the facade, and fit the inside with mantraps designed to (safely) capture anyone doing or saying anything remotely pro-Hitler on the inside -a Neo-Nazi Roach Motel, if you will. One Hitlergruß,down the chute you go…

What do do with the Sieg Heiling Chucklefucks thereafter is left as an exercise for the reader. Personally, I’m all for making them watch camp liberation footage, eyes propped open, listening to Wagner , Ludovico-styley.

Yes a gay Kosher deli staffed by Africans.

I always hear this and I think its dumb. Turn it into a cult site! Advertise on Stormfront that you can visit Hitler’s birthplace! Then arrest anyone who goes there