Hoax

I got this e-mail today. I’m 99.9999% sure it’s a hoax.(I always have a little doubt :))
I have two questions.

1)Whats the point? What does the writer get having this thing forwarded all over hell and back?

2)Is there such a thing as an e-mail tracking program? Could I send an e-mail and somehow have it report back where it’s been?

======================
2000 is a year to make money.
I’m an attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing an Multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by Pepsico against General Electric not too long ago. I’ll be damned if we’re all going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother’s girlfriend got in on this a few months ago.
When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game she showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped “Paid In Full”. Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real. If you don’t believe me you can email her at jpiltman@baylor.edu. She’s eager to answer any questions you guys might have. Thanks, Dirk.
I know I’m already in. Moore, Dirk" wrote: If you don’t do this, you must be really, really dumb. From: James M. Schwarnica this is not a joke. I am forwarding this because the person who sent it to me is a good friend and does not send me junk. Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta test. When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period. For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $203.15, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $156.29 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $17.65 Within two weeks, Intel will contact you for your address and then send you a check. I thought this was a scam myself, but a friend of my good friend’s Aunt Patricia, who works at Intel, actually got a check for $4,543.23 by forwarding this e-mail. Try it, what have you got to lose?

Aisha Haynes
Administrative Assistant
National Policy Association
(202) 884-7640

BTW: Not surprising the e-mail & phoneno don’t work.

Maybe the hoax originally came from MM, the “big bad booty daddy.”

The following contains information debunking claims similar to the one in your OP. Your specific letter is about 1/2 way down the page for that link. (Its a long page.) I think it is an exact match down to the Baylor/UT & $4,324.44 reference.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/billgate.htm

As to why anyone would write such a hoax shrug

Tinker

Thank You Tinker, that was informative.

Mr. Grey beat me. Damn you, Tinker!
(I’ve waited three years to use that phrase in context)

fogmage = fromage head

You may send me money if you wish. I guarantee I’ll use it to help little Jimmmy get his new kidney while we wait for the check from Bill Gates for using Windows and we find out where to “cash in” all the aluminum pull tabs we’ve been collecting for 10 years.

Voted Best Sport
And narrowly averted the despised moniker Smiley Master

Forward deployed until 18AUG00

What’s the deal with those pull tabs anyway? How are they supposed to help anyone? The damn boxes were all over the last place I worked, but no one, even the people who saved them up from home and brought them in, could explain how collecting them did any good.

**I am not a cheese head! **
I’m a wizard of FOG.
sigh I need a new screen name.

And there’s just nothing that looks better on a resume.

Weeeeeeeeee’re off to see the wizard,
The Wonderful Wizard of Fog!
He nearly is a wizard of mist,
Through his grey tendrils we slog!

– respectfully tendered to His Royal Highness, Lord of Airborne Condensation, Deflater of Hairdoos, Sizzler of Power Lines and Master of 24-car pile-ups – fogmage

Voted Best Sport
And narrowly averted the despised moniker Smiley Master

Forward deployed until 18AUG00

no. no. no. no. no. there is no way for thewse people to track where an email goes…

this is from a chain mail that I recieved, it sums up chain mail in general.

feel free to post it onto 900 of your closest friends in 5 seconds or your knob will drop off.

[/quote]

[quote]

My theory on stupid chain mails!!!

Hello, my name is Basmati Kasaar. I am suffering from rare and deadly diseases, poor scores on final exams, extreme virginity, fear of being kidnapped and
executed by electrocution, and guilt for not
forwarding out 50 billion chain letters sent
to me by people who actually believe that if you send them on, then that poor 6 year old girl in Arkansas
with a breast on her forehead will be able to raise enough money to have it removed before her redneck parents sell her off to the traveling freak show.
Do you honestly believe that Bill Gates is going to
give you and everyone you send “his” email to $1000?
How stupid are you?

Ooooh, looky here! If I scroll down this page and make a wish, I’ll get laid by every Playboy model in the magazine!
What a bunch of bullshit.
So basically, this message is a big “F*** YOU” to all the people out there who have nothing better to do than to send me stupid chain mail forwards.
Maybe the evil chain letter leprechauns will come into my apartment and hurt me in my sleep for not continuing the chain which was started by Jesus in 5A.D. and was brought to this country by midget pilgrims on the Mayflower and if it makes it to the year 2000, it’ll be in the Guinness Book of World
Records for longest continuous streak of blatant stupidity.> > F*** them.
If you’re going to forward something, at least send me
something mildly amusing. I’ve seen all the “send this to 50 of your closest friends, and this poor, wretched excuse for a human being will somehow receive a nickel from some omniscient being” forwards about 90
times.

I don’t f***ing care.

Show a little intelligence and think about what you’re actually contributing to by sending out forwards.Chances are it’s your own unpopularity.
THE FOUR BASIC TYPES OF CHAIN LETTERS:
Chain Letter Type 1:
(scroll down)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Make a wish!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > No, really, go on and make one!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Oh please, they’ll never go out with you!!!
> >
> >
> > Wish something else!!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Not that, you pervert!!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Is your finger getting tired yet?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > STOP!!!
> >
> >
> >
> > Wasn’t that fun? :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hope you made a great wish :slight_smile:
Now, to make you feel guilty, here’s what I’ll do.
First of all, if you don’t send this to 5096 people in the next 5 seconds, you will be raped by a mad goat and thrown off a high building into a pile of manure. It’s true! Because, THIS letter isn’t like all of those fake ones, THIS one is TRUE!! Really!!! Here’s how it goes:
Send this to 1 person: One person will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter.
Send this to 2-5 people: 2-5 people will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter.
Send this to 5-10 people: 5-10 people will be pissed off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter, and may form a plot on your life.
Send this to 10-20 people: 10-20 people will be pissed
off at you for sending them a stupid chain letter and will firebomb your house.
Thanks!!! Good Luck!!!
> >
> >
> > Chain Letter Type 2
> >
> > Hello, and thank you for reading this letter. You see,
> > there is a starving little boy in
> > Baklaliviatatlaglooshen who has no arms, no legs, no
> > parents, and no goats.
> >
> > This little boy’s life could be saved, because for
> > every time you pass this on, a dollar will be donated
> > to the Little Starving Legless Armless Goatless Boy
> > from Baklaliviatatlaglooshen Fund. Oh, and remember,
> > we have absolutely no way of counting the emails sent
> > and this is all a complete load of bullshit. So go on,
> > reach out. Send this to 5 people in the next 47
> > seconds. Oh, and a reminder - if you accidentally
> > send this to 4 or 6 people, you will die instantly.
> >
> > Thanks again!!
> >
> >
> > Chain Letter Type 3
> >
> > Hi there!! This chain letter has been in existence
> > since 1897. This is absolutely incredible because
> > there was no email then and probably not as many sad
> > fools with nothing better to do. So this is how it
> > works:
> >
> > Pass this on to 15,067 people in the next 7 minutes or
> > something horrible will happen to you like:
> >
> > Bizarre Horror Story #1
> >
> > Miranda Pinsley was walking home from school on
> > Saturday. She had recently received this letter and
> > ignored it. She then tripped in a crack in the
> > sidewalk, fell into the sewer, was gushed down a
> > drainpipe in a flood of shite, and went flying out
> > over a waterfall. Not only did she smell nasty, she
> > died.
> >
> > This Could Happen To You!!!
> >
> > Bizarre Horror Story #2
> >
> > Dexter Bip, a 13 year old boy, got a chain letter in
> > his mail and ignored it. Later that day, he was hit
> > by a car and so was his boyfriend (hey, some people
> > swing that way). They both died and went to hell and
> > were cursed to eat adorable kittens every day for
> > eternity.
> >
> > This Could Happen To You Too!!!
> >
> > Remember, you could end up just like Pinsley and Bip.
> > Just send this letter to all of your loser friends,
> > and everything will be okay.
> >
> >
> >
> > Chain Letter Type 4:
> >
> > As if you care, here is a poem that I wrote. Send it
> > to every one of your friends.
> >
> > Friends
>

ROFLMAO! But he was LOOKING at me! I SWEAR IT!

Now there’s nothing unexpected about the water giving out; “Land” is not a word we have to shout.

John, it was just a good post until I read this line:

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.

I got both the keyboard and monitor with Pepsi on that one–I can clean the monitor, but ya owe me a new keyboard. :wink:

Geeze! My nose is still stinging!

Kalél
TheHungerSite.com
“If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.”
“Well, there was that thing with the Cheese-Wiz…but I’m feeling much better now!” – John Astin, Night Court