Hold on to your wallets, Steam summer sale incoming!

Minecraft isn’t on Steam. I think they’d like to be, but have never worked out how to make the two login systems compatible.

I got them all together. It was a good deal. Really liking it so far. :slight_smile:

After reading those quotes I’ll be getting Banished as well! :smiley:

Hmmm. Well I have a ton of games that I bought during the last summer and winter sales that haven’t been played much yet. Plus a severe lack of cash atm. I guess I could pick up one or two things that have been on my list.

Has anyone played these games and have any thoughts?:

Forced currently 66% off at $5.09
Looks like a Diablo/Torchlight type of game, with a heavy emphasis on co-op puzzles. I don’t think I’m going to get any people in local co-op, but maybe on-line co-op with some dopers would be cool.

Ethan:Meteor Hunter Currently 50% off at $4.99
I love platform puzzle games like Trine, The Cave, Braid, etc., and this looks right up that alley.

Magicite Currently 25% off at 7.49
Looks a bit like Terraria. Is it? If I buy this it’s going to be at more of a discount. If it hits 50% or more I might grab it.

One Way Heroics currently 75% off at $0.87
Hmm it’s a “A procedurally generated RPG-roguelike journey across the multiverse”. Sounds interesting, plus it’s less than a dollar.

Waz Hack currently 60% off at $3.99
This looks interesting and I am strongly considering picking it up.

Din’s Curse 50% off at $4.99
Diablo clone?

Hexodius 75% off at $2.49
Dual stick shooter that looks interesting, but reviews complain about bugs and problems with the game. Even with the steep discount I think I’ll pass on this.

Planet Explorers 20% off at $19.99
It’s an open world sandbox game in a sci-fi setting. Basically looks like a spiffed up Minecraft (which I’m familiar with but have not played). I really want this but 1) It’s still in beta/early access and 2) Still a little too steep right now. If it goes to $10 or less I’ll probably grab it, otherwise I’ll wait for release or a really cheap deal.

Daylight 50% at $7.49
FPS survival horror. I really like that your character carries a cell phone that is used for both light and a map. Unfortunately I don’t have a Direct X 11 capable video card so It’s off my list for now. I’d be interested to hear from people that have played it though, it sounds really cool.

Just found Banished on GOG.com for $10, which is half off. Trying to decide if it’s going to get cheaper on Steam, or just get it now…

I’ve been debating it. It’s been on my wishlist for a while, but i can’t decide if 20% off the best it is going to get.

20% was its Daily Deal discount so that’s as good as it will get. Well, for this sale anyway. Check again in Summer Sale 2015 :wink:

Don’t they have a final day redux where they put some earlier deals out again, but better? Or am I thinking of a different site.

Nah, the final day is a “best of” but doesn’t deepen the discounts.

I used to think so, but nope, they pretty much just run good deals we’ve already seen.

Doubtful that I’d play it any time soon so I’ll wait for a bigger discount.

It took me the better part of an hour to wade through that Uplay setup garbage. I wasn’t sure if I already had a Uplay account, so I tried to retrieve a password to the email account I use for such things, and their captcha was a failure; they tell you to write down both words you see, but it displays a single sequence of numbers :smack:. Way to build a brand, Ubisoft. I had hoped that it was more like the Kalypso launcher, which isn’t so bad. Anno 2070 is rather fun so far, though.

Purple team sucks.

Kinthalis, have you played Divinity 2, and what did you think of it?
I want to consider getting Divinity Original Sin, but Div 2 was (imo of course) horrible. It had nice graphics and combat, but was horribly unbalanced and after a few short hours nothing was even remotely challenging.

Adding votes for Terraria and X-Com if anyone’s still on the fence about those 2. Awesome games.
Also, UnEpic, Castle Storm, The Stanley Parable, The Cave, and Bastion are all highly recommended, and if anyone gets a chance to grab any of these, go for it.

I am not going to be super active for this, too low on cash, but I did pick up
One Way Heroics
Risk of Rain
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Waz Hack

The only other must haves for me right now are Banished and Planet Explorers. If either or both go super cheap I am grabbing them, otherwise I’ll wait.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is a great game! Not the best FPS or western game you’ll ever play, but it is great fun. The voice acting is particularly good. The showdown parts kind of suck, but the rest of the game is really good.

No, I never played any fo the games before. The consensus is that this game, even in beta is much better though.

Here’s a look at the game which might cover some of your questions:

Valve really figured out the perfect way to separate me from my money with the Steam Wallet. I cover my eyes, chuck a pile of money in their general direction during a weak moment, get all the shame and doubt over with in one go… and then, afterwards, heck, since I put the money in there already, the games I download are free now, right? :smiley:

Be sure to see if you have any marketable inventory. I sold like, a buck fifty of stuff towards my stream wallet.

Yeah, I’m selling all my trading cards. I’m not exactly making a fortune on it, but it’s something. And, hey, it’s free money, even if it’s pocket change.

(I am sort of wondering who would buy those things. I’m not sure I want to think too much about it, though, since I suspect that the likely answer is that I’m suckering ten year olds out of their lunch money.)

I just picked up Black Flag from the flash deal.

It’s a community choice option for 50% off (provided it wins). I’m guessing that 50% will be the largest discount it gets even if it comes back up as a Daily.

Agreed. Linear FPS but the unreliable narrator bit was amusing, nice art/voice acting and a change of pace from the usual modern “chain gun with grenade launcher and holoscope” set-up.

I see it the opposite – people with enough money that they can afford to buy stuff like virtual trading cards to increase their “Steam level” and get a virtual ego boost. No offense to anyone who buys cards. Buy my cards. :wink: