Holy crap! That can't be... is it?

Browsing the IMDB, I found this picture; that can’t be everyones favourite mechanic, can it?

She… she cleans up well, I’ll say that much…

Nice, but I like her better all greasy. :smiley:

You weren’t clued into this earlier? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d never seen that picture… or the following ones…
On tv, I always thought she was pretty, in her own mucky little way. I thought she was cute. How dumb of me not to look past the character. She is boil in the bag GORGEOUS.

Whatever the hell that means.

I thought Idaho was the Jewel Staite. :smack:

Ha, yep, that’s her!

:confused: ::shrug::

I have no idea who that is, but I’m going to roll my tongue back up into my head once this post goes through…

She’s lovely. Absolutely lovely. But does someone feel like explaining about the mechanic thing? Some show?

I went and searched her on IMDB, I’m guessing that she plays a mechanic in Serenity?

Never saw it, but I may become a fan.

For those in the dark, it’s Jewel Staite, the actress that played Kaylee Frye in Joss Whedon’s Firefly and Serenity.

I don’t think it’s a very good picture, personally. She’s too made-up.

For a second there I thought it was GaryT.

I like it…even the make-up. Not something for every day, but the setting makes her look like a fairy or a pixie.

I, too, prefer her all greasy.

I’ll be in my bunk.

I like her in the next pic, the black-and-white. She looks more like a real person. The one after that, though, the make-up artist made her look like she’s supposed to be Barbie’s newest best friend.

Count another preferring the grease. Though i’m sure I wouldn’t turn down an offer to get betwixt her nethers either way :wink:

Since you all prefer her greasy, I hereby volunteer to take the spiffed up Jewel seen here, and dirty her up a bit for ya.

I’m here for you guys, really. It’s tough work, but I’ll do my very best.

You know, that might be why I found that one line in Serenity to be so unbelieveable. You know the line don’t you?

Goin’ on a year now I ain’t had nothin’ twixt my nethers weren’t run on batteries!

Yeah, I just couldn’t buy that at all.

I notice that nobody mistook that for a picture of me.
I don’t know if I should be relived or disapointed.

Looks-wise, I’m with you. Story-wise, who’s she supposed to do? Simon “Clueless” Tam? (She’s been trying). Jayne? (Eww). Mal? (Definitely not that kind of relationship). Wash? (the thought of what Zoe would do is scary). They’re not usually on-world long enough to do much of anything social, she has to stay on board and stand watch sometimes, and the only place with he-whores we’ve seen are at the Heart of Gold. She gripes about not spending enough time on-world sometimes. Along with actually wanting to see some of the core worlds she’d heard about when she was a kid on the fringe, she might want to get some action.

Now that I’ve completely ruined things by being too serious, I’ll get back on track by saying that there ain’t a one of the ladies on Serenity I’d be averse to rompin’ with. I like strong, competent women like Zoe. I like smart girly girls like Inara. And a cute little Earth-mother mechanical genius with grease smudges is just adorable. (Though she did look like Little Bo Peep in her getup for the ball). Plus they’re all pretty hot.