Holy. Flurking. Schnit! Have you gone MAD?

This may very well be the most amazing sport I’ve ever witnessed. I’m an avid skydiver, but this guy has taken it to a new high (or should I say LOW). It’s just mind blowing. I’m not sure I can accurately describe it but the video puts you right in the drivers seat.

Check out this Soul Flyer video clip.
Does anyone else find it as mind boggling as I do?

And he’s just as insane under a canopy.

If you want to know more about wingsuits, here’s an interesting Forbes article,The Birdman of DeLand.
And just in case this has peaked your interest, This is an excellent skydiving forum and website.

Shay-YIT!!!

Doing the Superman thing is just WAY too intense!

Does the name Wile E. Coyote ring any bells here?

Wow. Can you just imagine the rush that guy must get?

“You will believe a man can fly.”

“Holy crap” doesn’t even begin to describe it.

But… what if his arm cramps up or something? Does he go splat?

Lara Croft and freind used two wingsuits to escape a bad guy in the 2nd movie. Stunt people I’m sure.

That is cool 'cause it appears to be wire-free and the suit is available to use.

Meaning of course I thought it was all on wires in the movie.

Did I make any sense at all?

Holy ficking shut! That’s the most incredibly mind-bogglingly insane thing I have EVER SEEN!

I want one. I want one BAD.

Is that the guy who used one of those to fly across the English Channel a few months ago?

I wanna do that!

I guess he isn’t.

HEY…just thought of something…

Combine the Glidesuit with Longjump skis.

Be the first guy to jump out of a plane without a parachute and live!

Damn.
I must be crazy too…I would love to do that.

Right out of the gate I would say that’s the craziest idea I’ve ever heard…but I won’t be at all surprised if that actually happens one of these days.

The only problem I can see is that you might not be able to buzz the ground like that with ski’s on your feet. It’s very important to hold a perfect body position when swooping and even extremely slight changes in position can change your trajectory dramatically. If you’ve ever put your hand out of a car window at high speed and moved it around in the airstream, you will have a very good idea what I mean. I would imagine that if he tried to transition to a standing position at that speed that he would tumble out of control (can you say crash and burn? Ouch.).

There have been several instances of people jumping out of a plane and using their body position to manuever themselves back into the plane…(course the plane has to be in somewhat of a dive for this to happen.) Crazy huh?

It’s said that wearing one of these wingsuits can slow your fall (in a flat and stable body position) to around 38 MPH. I hope I get a chance to demo one of those suits sometime, although i’ll be damned if I’m gonna go buzz a mountain!