Home Depot: May you collapse under your own arrogance

While Home Depot actually makes you dirty. I swear they pump dirt through the ventilation system at Home Depot. I always leave covered in grime.

Wow. 21 replies to a post that doesn’t exist. Nice.

Neither does Canadian Tire, very much. Wacky Canucks!

Those self-checkout thingies would be OK if they disabled the weighing function on the platform. That is entirely impractical for typical Homey D’s merchandise, and it always makes the attendant come fix it, and it saves no time whatsoever.

There have been quite a few stories about the problems Robert Nardelli has created since becoming CEO and imposing industrial practices inappropriately. The company’s finances and stock prices are suffering accordingly.

Now these are words to live by. Short and to the point. Nothing has ever expressed my basic feelings about Wal-Mart as clearly as this.

The post must’ve collapsed upon itself.

I’m fairly certain the Canadian Tire is a big super-store type place with a funny name, not just a tire outfit. Wal-Mart sells more than just walls, after all.

After thinking about this quite a bit, I realized that Canadian Tire’s American counterpart is Western Auto, although CT has a bigger selection and they print their own money.

Sam’s Warehouse sells tyres.
And tires.

I haven’t seen a Western Auto in ages. Around here, we have Pep Boys and O’Riley’s.

And now, beyond being a tool, hardware, plumbing, electrical, automotive, houseware, electronics, sporting, and home and garden store, and a gas station chain, Canadian Tire is now a brand new bouncing baby bank. Ne shitteth vous pas.

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/06/27/cantirebank_030627

I bought tires at Canadian Tire just a couple months ago. They installed them, too, the nice folks. Plus they have almost enough store that I wasn’t terminally bored of browsing before the job was done.

Mmmmmm…cordless drills… :drool:

I think I have more Canadian Tire money in my wallet right now than I do real money. In bills, at least.

Costco. You can even get a pizza and a churro while you’re at it.

Bring your shopping list of toilet parts and your appetite, but don’t bring your VISA card - because at Costco, they take care of their members, and they only take American Express.

Eh? I’ve used my Visa card at Costco. They take all the major ones.

I will have you know, good madam, that when I ::runs nekkid thru thread:: I have neither hot dog nor evening gown on my person!

Although RT’s post gives me an idea for DopeaWeen…

Well, who’s going to break the bad news about the hot dog to fizzy? Not me, that’s for damned sure.

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

I went and posted a bunch of stuff, it glitched, I thought I had it up again and the new one disappeared.

Here it is, patched from memory:

Dear Home Despot:

You have more than worn out your welcome. I live behind one of your stores and have even shopped there, if only because you are nearby. I put up with your noise during construction, but the last year or so is trying every bit of my patience.

Last year, I called your manager because the reset crews insisted on working well past midnight when the store closes around 9 or 10. He took care of the problem immediately and everything was fine…until this May, when you started up your crap again. Metal, plywood, loaders, transports, dumpsters, beeping, crashing, banging and other assorted noise well into the night. And the morning.
I logged it all and sent a letter to the new manager in August with all the dates and times of the offenses. No reply. Things worsened in September and then just a few days ago, it was like fucking thunder around here, or earthquakes, but it was YOU again. You kept this up till 3am and I called the night manager at 7am demanding an explanation. He said, “Our remodeling crews will be working out here until 2AM for the next few weeks.”
!!!

Stunned, I hung up and called the City planner later. She checked and you do NOT have a permit to work that late/early or that loudly. I set off a shitstorm of phone calls around town involving the city and the day and night managers at HD. You were very quiet last night but right now (11:30) you are fucking around AGAIN. I’m about ready to call the police and have them write you a citation for nuisance-noise, since you are not supposed to be working past 8pm or so with no permit. Have a tiny bit of consideration for the residents and your soon-to-be-ex-customers, would you? I may also contact your corporate headquarters if you don’t knock this shit off.
Oh, the day manager got her feathers ruffled? Too bad, bitch; why don’t you camp out in my back yard and see how you like hearing fucking metal brackets being thrown all over the place when you’re trying to sleep.

This is what I had written earlier, but I will blame the glitch on sleep deprivation.

viva

No one screws with a Trek Doper! I’ll go down there myself and do some “remodeling” of my own…

Have you been checking out my ass AGAIN?

:smiley:

Hope you liked your moonscape.

You would be most welcome in my corner of the galaxy.

I have lived in three cities where there was a Home Depot or Lowe’s but not the other then the other moved in. In all three cases, the older store was operated by indifferent employees and poor cleanilness. The new store would come in and kick butt for a year or two with smiling, helpful employess glad to have a NEW job in town. Then they level out and both become mediocre. But at least the competition keeps either from being as bad as the solo one was.