Home Depot: May you collapse under your own arrogance

They don’t sell hot dogs at my local Home Depot…

Homie’s around here has franchised all food service to Dunkie’s. As if those people weren’t already ubiquitous - Demolition Man was wrong; the winner of the Corporate Wars will be Dunkin’ Donuts, not Taco Bell.

Costco’s own ID cards can be used as charge cards, too. Their tires are probably OK, but I wouldn’t trust their installers.

Hey! Me too! Luckily, though, our apartment is behind a row or two of other apartments in this complex so we don’t hear much noise… You don’t live in San Diego, do you?

They opened a Dunkin Donuts in my local Home Depot!
They use to have a van selling hot-dogs and stuff, now it’s a “real” hard built Dunkin Donuts. Impressive.
I love Home Depot. I get all excited when I step inside thinking of what I could do to my house if I had money.

No, but I love to visit once or twice a year.

The saga continues…

Last night they allowed us a few hours of peace before starting up a racket at two-freaking-thirty a.m.–loaders, beeping, shouting, etc. I called the cops. I guess they came out but I didn’t feel like going out into the cold night with a stepladder to peek over the wall again. Noise finally stopped around 3:30.
I called the city planner again this morning, couldn’t get the person I’d had before and spoke to some tool who said that the inspectors had been out to HD and that they did not need a permit “just to move shelving around.”
:confused:
I asked how it could be legal for them to do whatever they want at any decibel level, any time, and got dumped to somebody’s voicemail.
I called the mayor’s office and they said that interior work is okay, but this exterior work at all hours is not; they will pursue a noise abatement and a citation. We’ll see.

–Very close raving insomniac lunacy,

viva

“very close to…”

Doing the best I can here.

Ah, blessed relief.

They only crash around now from 11pm to 1am. They go for long stretches during the day when they do nothing at all.

Latest update:

I had sent a letter to HD Corporate headquarters on October 9 and they finally sent a letter back to me the other day dated October 18. At least I know they got it and the whole mess is now known as Incident Report #757513.

And it’s much quieter on the Home Depot Front now.

:slight_smile:

I think it’s great that every now and then, we’re willing to wait for 30 or so posts to get to the OP.

i agree, Smeghead, it makes the OP THAT much better.

Hot dogs? Donuts? What crazy planet do you all live on? 'Round here, Home Depot has those vendor carts outside that sell Italian Sausage with peppers and onions. I’ve never eaten one from them, but the smell blows me away every time. :drool:

Sorry about your noise viva, but it rocks that you’re getting results from your complaining (judging by your last post, unless I’ve been whooshed).

While I’m here, can I add another gripe to the Home Depot pile? I went to HD yesterday to buy a frickin curtain rod. They had three crappy-looking rods available in my size in the entire cavernous “home decorating” space! What’s even more criminal that that is that I ended up buying the rod at Target, which had a whole aisle of curtain rods.

Indubitably! :slight_smile:

A Home Depot Story:

I was shopping at my local home depot for a piece of plexi glass. I found one that was the right size and as I was removing it from the bin a smaller piece that was in the same bin fell out and nicked my ankle. Not a deep or bad scratch, but still it bled profusely. I went to find one of the orange vested denizens of the store so as to ask for a band aid. I asked the first one that I came across where I could find a first aid kit. He didn’t know! I proceded on, leaving little red splotches in my wake. The next gent that I asked said that maybe there was one up in the front of the store. I go to the front of the store and ask one of the cashiers if there is a first aid kit handy, I’d like a bandaid, please. She didn’t know where one was. Long story short, I finally found a manager who produced a dirty, pretty much depleted box of first aid supplies.

Now the question that this begs: This is a store chock full of sharp tools, noxious chemicals and heavy material loaded on high shelves, an accident waiting to happen. Shouldn’t there be a higher level of preparedness in places like this?

Well of course. After printing their own money for the past 45 years, this is an obvious next step.