Hooray for the illegality of marijuana!

Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought you were gonna pass me the bong. :slight_smile:

Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought you were gonna pass me the bong. :slight_smile:

damn. That pot must be making me lose my memory.

I think most people here have summed it up rather nicely. But Space Vampire, I do have one question I’d like answered. What do you think about medicinal uses for marijuana?

When, or if, you reply, could you do me a favor? See that key right between the “Tab” and the “Shift” keys? Press it once. Thanks.

and

I can only respond with the words of one of the great prophetic songs:
And the sign said, “Long-haired freaky people need not apply”
So I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him why
He said, “You look like a fine, upstanding young man, I think you’ll do”
So I took off my hat and said “Imagine that! Ha, me workin’ for you!”

{Refrain}
Oh, Space Vampire, everywhere a gripe
Cloggin’ up the message board, posting up tripe
He says it ALL IN CAPS, so it must be riii—iii—ight!

I think that about sums it up. Don’t you?
Five Man Electrical Fenris

I think Vampire Spice needs a nap.

You know, I don’t smoke pot anymore(been about 12 years or so), and I have never been a hippie, but that post almost makes me want to start again. Maybe just around this idiot.

Hmm.

I’m not sure if this is worth it, but here we go:

Space Vampire – how do you feel about the occasional pot smoker who is not a “hippy” in any other aspects, doesn’t pan handle, and doesn’t have that “Whoa…man…” demeanor?

I’m willing to cut him some slack because I likes me some good anti-hippy speech.
c-goat

Tru-dat! :cool:

Fuck you an behallf of every person who lost a loved one to a drunk driver.
Fucking scumbag. I wouldnt help you even if your dick was nailed to a burning building.

OK IT’S TIME TO PLAY WHAT HIS FUCKING PROBLEM JEOPARDY

The categories are

“My girlfriend left me for a pot smoker”

“A pot smoker kicked my dog”

“I just want to kill something, anything”

“I HATE THE SMELL OF POT SMOKERS IN THE MORNING”

" I have issues"

two things:

whatta moron! (insert that emoticon thats sayin ‘putz!’ here)

and, i have lived among the hippies, and i have lived among the yuppies, and livin among the yuppies makes me long for the smell of patchouli, and gentle, confused smiles, and unwashed hair. really.

How about a yuppie that smokes the occasional joint?

Space Vampire would be lost in Amsterdam.

I think Space Vampire needs to get going with a career in law enforcement. His aggressive, authoritarian, seething-with-violence attitude and complete disassociation with how the majority of normal society feels towards marijuana is right on the money.

Assholes like this make me wish that marijuana was legal again; not for availability’s sake per se, but just so we can see people like that writhing on the sidewalks with seizures of righteous anger, and unable to do anything about it except shriek because somewhere, people are actually having a good time.

Fortunately, all signs seem to point to at least a limited legality within 20 years or so.

As soon as I saw the word hippies, I got the mental picture of Cartman from South Park delivering the rant. If anybody wants a quick laugh read it like that.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by The Mermaid *
OK IT’S TIME TO PLAY WHAT HIS FUCKING PROBLEM JEOPARDY

The categories are

“My girlfriend left me for a pot smoker”

“A pot smoker kicked my dog”

“I just want to kill something, anything”

“I HATE THE SMELL OF POT SMOKERS IN THE MORNING”

" I have issues"

[QUOTE]

I’ll take “I have issues” for 100, Mermaid.

SpaceV, Someday you’ll go far, if you catch the right train.

:rolleyes:

Diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas.

at least the guy acknowledges the standard arguments and addresses them up front. good debating technique.

telling us why he’s glad. i’m glad he’s glad. defines ‘hippie’ as ‘anyone who wants pot legalized’ and makes a metaphor comparing pot’s current legal status to a ‘giant boot up the ass’ of hippies. ok, i agree - it is somewhat of a boot up the ass, in that both things are negative. so far so good.

i’m still with the op on this one. i think the ‘medicinal and fiber values’ argument is a poor one, since there’s no way to assume that if pot was legalized for medicine and fibers that it would be legal to smoke it recreationally, and that’s really what stoners want. the cursing is consistent with the forum, so we’re still on the right track here.

here’s where i’m stumped. this statement assumes that ‘hippies’ (by the op’s definition) believe they cannot fuck with their brains unless pot is legalized. this is false. hippies can fuck with their brains with all sorts of stuff, both legal and illegal. therefore, there must be some other reason why they want pot legalized.

ah ha! here’s the problem. when space vampire says ‘hippie’, he’s talking specifically about stinky panhandlers who support legalization. i say ‘fuck them’ too. who cares what they support? if you want credibility, take a shower and get a job. otherwise you take what society doles out to you and you like it. i know, i’m a heartless, conservative bastard.

see? he specifically tells us he’s saying nothing about the majority of pot smokers. good thing he excluded us from his rant or else we’d really be offended.

Now here I’ve gotta disagree. I have found (in my limited experience) that “hippies” often tend to be SERIOUSLY self-centered people, who are capable of rationalizing all kinds of jerkish behavior as peace, love and freedom. Like, skipping out on paying the bills. Or semi-permanently taking off on a trip across Europe when they get tired of living with their girldfriend and two year old kid. Or proposing “free-form” business arrangements and then using the lack of structure to rip people off.

Actually, this isn’t really about hippies, just a certain type of asshole who adopts a hippy persona/lifestyle to more easily manipulate people.

I’ve got a beautiful NAPSTER jacket and vest that I made over the weekend…does anyone want it? the vest has a gorgeous “Titanic Score Full Instrumental” lining and I’ve constructed the Napster Jacket buttons from “Metallica - Whiskey In A Jar”.

Some people call him a Space Vampire…

Some people call him a Violent Idiot…

Some people call him Maurice…

jarbaby

I was going to post something really witty and erudite.

But it’s damn hard to think straight with all this THC pumping round my body.

Hey, Jarbaby? How much for the jacket and vest? I want 'em!

Oh come on guys. Lighten up. This was clearly intended in jest. And I found it fucking hilarious. Come on.

This is one of the funniest things I’ve read all day. Just imagining someone yelling that at me, and then adding the small disclaimer at the end in case my pot addled mind can’t comprehend it sends me into fits of giggles.