Horseshoe bat around the world

Horseshoe bat may carry various types of viruses. Horseshoe bats exist around the world, not just in China. Is there any research etc. done to see if there are coronavirus carrying bats in other parts of the world? Cyprus for example also has horseshoe bats. Is there any research conducted on them as well? I google’d it a bit but I couldn’t find it anything. Why do we assume that only horseshoe bats from China carry coronavirus?

We do? I reckon every bat researcher in the world could get a study grant to investigate the status of their local species at the moment.
In Australia bats carry the occasionally fatal Hendra virus and Lyssavirus, but a case of a SARS-like coronavirus has not been detected.

Of course, at the moment the only known pathway for Australian bats to become carriers of COVID-19 is if they caught it off humans. Given that there are just 18 active cases in the country at the moment and there is negligible bat/human interaction here, the local bats would have to be really, really unlucky to ever catch it.

nm, you just mean 18 cases in Australia

Coronaviruses are a whole family of viruses. Various coronaviruses are found in a large number of different species. The specific coronavirus that is causing a global pandemic, SARS‑CoV‑2, is very similar to a subfamily of coronaviruses found in bats, which is why it is suspected SARS-CoV-2 originally came from bats and either reached humans directly, or through an intermediary, but SARS-CoV-2 hasn’t been found in a wild animal so far.

Similar viruses, cousins of SARS-CoV-2 if you’d like, have been found in numerous species. Here’s a family tree. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 - Wikipedia
Bat species (and other animals) all over the world also have various coronaviruses, but all evidence points to SARS-CoV-2 being a recent evolution of the virus in an animal population in China.