House 10/21

Um, Kristy McNichol’s cute, or at least she was back when I was a lad. When I conquer Earth, I plan to take a brief hiatus from destroying all extant copies of Buffy, House, & Xena DVDs to jaunt back in time to 1985 or so and bring her forward to be part of my harem.

Skald the Rhymer - But you’re leaving us Firefly, right?

StG

Kind of blah episode, but did like the House/Wilson interactions.

What I don’t like is lazy writers who have a sick person in the hospital & No One but our show’s regulars come to see them. This woman had no other significant person in her world but 13, a one-night stand? Kind of like when Amber died and no other family or friends showed up to say good-bye. (Even Cuthroat Bitches have mothers).

Which part of “Skald is evil and draws derives sustenance, amusement, and orgasms from your suffering” is unclear?

Actually I will leave you Firefly, but only to highlight the fact that you guys only have the first, truncated season that aired on this Earth, while my continua device has given me access to the complete 7-season run, including the all-nude-all-lesbian season six opener, in which Kaylee must choose between Zoe, River, Inara, and a guest-starring Alyson Hannigan.

Skald raises some interesting points re: House’s reaction to Cuddy’s announcement. (Except I don’t think House is in love with Wilson; I think they have a very codependent relationship that House is desperate to hold onto, but I don’t think that it’s love in the romantic sense. YMMV.) It makes sense that House would be hurt on finding the two people he arguably cares about most sharing something like that and purposely excluding him. And elfkin, I think you’re partially right in that House would react badly to Wilson adopting a baby with Cuddy as his character reference, because even though he’d never admit to wanting to do something like that for either of them, I think it would sting for him to not even have been asked in either case.

My prediction for next episode is that the baby lives, but the mom keeps it, which will devastate Cuddy and make her temporarily insane enough to be “comforted” by House. And then, if I had my way, she’d be comforted by her resulting pregnancy. :smiley:

As for Spencer, dang, I knew I recognized her from somewhere! The L Word! Thought she was fugly and a horrible actress on that, too. She’s got a nice body, but her face is kinda jacked up, if you ask me. Looks vaguely… simian.

She played Jake’s fifth grade teacher turned stripper in last week’s Two and a Half Men.

The House/Wilson interaction kept me going throughout this episode. If there’s another Thirteen-centric one, I may just watch DwTS instead.

I totally missed the preview. Anyone care to summarize for me?

Thanks for the summary, spoike!

Was it me, or did 13’s eyes look glazed/wasted at the very end when she was with the blonde woman?

I loved House’s “OHMYGAWD!” and seeing the private dick again. (That means there are two dicks on the show, right? At least…)

Was she back to cruising?

Yes, but it also looked as if she was back on drugs as well.

We know the baby will have an exotic problem which House will figure out at the last minute. The baby’s mother will take the kid and Cuddy will be heart broken. Then Sarah Palin will rap.

I thought the other chick was mega-hot. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Yeah, I thought she was, too. Even as Thirteen’s casual pick-up. I’d totally do her.

Our mileage isn’t varying. I don’t believe House harbors either suppressed ro conscious desires for Jimmy-Boy’s winky, or the reverse; I think they have a emotionaly passionate and, in some ways, primary attachment to one another. They’re like JD & Turk from Scrubs, except, of course, for the fact that House and Wilson are men.

Oh, bless you! Thanks so much for that.

That’s hilarious! I must have missed that!

Really? I’ve never watched that show but I’ll see if Hulu has that episode.

Yeah, it was when House and the PI were staking out Wilson’s apartment. The PI didn’t mention GTA by name, but said something like. “He’s playing that game where you carjack people. He’d make it through quicker if he didn’t stop for all the red lights.”