House 10/21

On the other hand, watching Thirteen make out with additional hot women would be very entertaining to me - a key difference from the ER plot, I think.

What exactly was House’s practical joke on Wilson at the beginning? Somehow it never came together for me.

StG

He took the large screw/bolt thing out of the back of his chair, so when he sat in it he fell down.

What did the previews show? My DVR cut off right after Cuddy said she was adopting a baby.

And of course, the DVR will not let me set House’s recording cut off to 9:05 instead of 9:00.

Seconding Omega Glory’s request.

Really, I know why they want me to watch the first 2 minutes after 9 - but they get exactly the same ratings boost for Fringe if they don’t lie when publishing their schedules.

Mine won’t either, and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve lost the ending of the last three House episodes.

I was even recording Fringe, which comes on next, but it didn’t start until 8:01. So the DVR knew to delay Fringe, but didn’t know to extend House.

And then he left a donut on the floor for Wilson to find after he fell.

I’ll do my best to summarize, and hopefully someone with a better memory will drop in to supplement (or correct).

Wilson walked into a baby supply store, where he met Cuddy, who was looking for his input into which crib she should purchase. House followed shortly after Wilson. After Cuddy figured out that Wilson led House to her, she shared with House the news that she is adopting a baby (she looked really excited). When Wilson went to the diner, he had been meeting with Cuddy to write a character reference for her adoption agency.

House looks shocked, there’s more dialogue I can’t remember, and then Cuddy finally asks him if he’s happy for her. He responds with, “If you’re happy, I’m…” and walks out (responding the same way he did to Wilson’s news about his prostitute girlfriend).

He did not look happy, for the record. He looked sad or hurt or angry or all three.

Someone does this? WANT?

That was Doug Ross, way back before ER sucked.

They don’t know me.

Because Wilson is the go-to guy for all things infant. Three marriages, no kids. And how the hell would he know what kind of crib to buy? Because “being supportive” is probably an endorsement on his driver’s license.

I think this is it.

Because Cuddy’s in love with House, and he knows it. Because the part of House that isn’t in love with Wilson is in love with her, and he knows that she knows it. Because for all the abuse he heaps on her, he thinks that if ANYONE should be sharing that kind of moment with her, it should be him. Because half the reason he’s so bitchy about her desires to be pregnant is that his wonderfully diseased mind thinks that if she’s gonna be having anybody’s baby, she should be having his. Because Wilson & Cuddy sharing such a moment without him is his own fault, and he knows it.

Want some more? 'Cause I’ve got, like, fifteen left.

Because, as was so often repeated throughout the episode, *House doesn’t like change.*Cuddy having a baby would change things. Change = bad.

ETA: Plus, what Skald said.

Politedissent.com

I love House, and I have the willing suspension of disbelief that’s required to make this one of my favorite shows. But no one realized that patient couldn’t produce tears? Wouldn’t the dessicated eyeballs have been a clue? Or the constant need for eye drops?

It’s funny that I can cheerfully overlook almost all the other absurdities, but this one pings my Believe-O-Meter for some reason. Or did I miss something?

It is little-known that House’s brilliance derives from his mutant ability to suck brainpower from those around him. The smarter he becomes, the stupider his co-workers become. How else do you think Chase and Cameron ended up together?

Why, WHY couldn’t they have gotten Alicia Witt to play 13??

And wouldn’t an onion held near the eyes still be irritating if one couldn’t make tears? She didn’t blink or flinch.

(Not sure about “fugly,” but Thirteen’s pal didn’t do anything for me either… had kind of a Kristy McNichol thing going on.)

I spent the episode being very vaguely unsettled because I think Angela Gots bears a freaky resemblance to Kristy McNichol during her Buddy on Family years.