House 5/12

There were a few passengers who went to Princeton General, not Princeton Plainsborough where House is.

I found this episode fascinating. I like when they play with time and perception. I have no comment on the medicine (except to say that for House to be putting whoever’s feet up to approximate Trendelenburg was ridiculous. Every hospital bed in this country has a button (or a crank, but seriously, I doubt there are many crank beds left) to do this. Putting 2 pillows under the legs does not really put one into Trendelenburg.)

Trendelenburg is where the pt’s head is lower than the bottom half of the body, btw.
Great suspenseful episode. Can’t wait for next week. No wonder House was keeping the info from Wilson–he didn’t want to hurt Wilson. But there might also be other reservations that come to light next week (me, I can’t believe that of House. Of CTB, yes, but not House)

I wonder if we’re going to find out that House slept with CTB? Maybe that is why he was at the bar getting drunk… also, why Wilson hasn’t heard from her for a while… Dunno, perhaps that is a bit over obvious.

She read the description which (I think) was part of the police report (or the EMS report) on victims found at the scene. IMS, each involved hospital is given one, in case loved ones come to the wrong hospital to identify the victim.

No, that possibility was implied in next week’s previews. House can’t remember whether or not he was with her before getting on the bus.

I’m glad to see we have at least one more episode with her. I was actually enjoying her relationship with Wilson. If she dies it’d better be spectacular.

Ah, I didn’t get the preview for next week. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I agree that it doesn’t seem in-line for House, so I imagine there will be some other shocking twist. I actually hope that isn’t the case, because I also like Amber. I’d like her to stick around, they’ve done a nice job building some complexity into what was a one-joke character to start.

Certain patients were sent to Princeton General. House sent one of the ducklings to get the charts because he didn’t know if maybe one of them was the mystery date, I mean patient. That’s why 13 (I think) knew what Jane Doe#2 looked like - They’d put a description in the chart, especially since they couldn’t ID her. I knew when I saw the necklace. I knew something was up with her, but I wasn’t sure she was the mystery PT.

StG

She’s bisexual. Do the math. :slight_smile:

However, since she was a Jane Doe, it wouldn’t be unusual for a police report to list identifying marks. They’d also probably send a report to Princeton Plainview to run the information by any of the others on the bus.

New to the series, for the past couple of months, and, have come to love it. I loved this episode, for the great work in showing brain shifts and memory. When the initial hypnotism on House happened, having him back on the bus, I said outloud “COOL!”, to be echoed by his "Cool!’ a second later. Great effective lighting with all the memory scenes, and , again , the buildup of shifts in House’s memory was fine writing.

When House was getting the MRI, and “captive” by Wilson, who sees into his brain patterns, was vague, wished for more info there.

And, I’m also vague with the time frame here: was it short, or why didn’t Wilson notice Amber missing sooner? He said she was “working” before the Look dawned on him, and didn’t return his calls.

One thing I’m amazed by, after seeing Hugh Laurie this morning on the Ellen show(this is my weekend): he really has a pronounced British accent, but, his House charachter is flatly American, and sounds normal there. I am becoming a steady fan of his acting ability.

I loved this episode, especially for House’s conversations with his subconscious.

“I’m getting a headache.”
“No, you’re not real. I’m getting a headache.”

I don’t think it was the pole dance routine that made it seem silly, it was the schoolgirl outfit.

I didn’t put it together that it was Amber until the very end. I kept thing that the random woman in his subconscious was actually going to be one of the strippers at the club that he had seen and diagnosed, not somebody on the bus.

I thought it was going to be him. I.e., he noticed some symptom about himself right before the crash, then forgot it because he banged his head, and the concussion was masking the symptoms of something more serious.

Honestly? I think the whole “affair with Amber” thing is a red herring. I think she went to him with some mystery illness that she wanted him to diagnose. For some reason, she doesn’t want Wilson to know about it, and that’s going to turn out to be why they were out together that night. I can’t believe either of them would do that to Wilson, though they will string us along about it for a while. This is not based on spoilers, just my personal speculation.

Favorite line of the night,
13: I’m Not a lesbian.

House: No, you’re just 50%. I rounded up.

“STILL WIPING!” I am so going to say that the next time somebody interrupts me when I’m busy in my room. Or any room, for that matter.

Seriously, what a fantastic ep! I loved the way they filmed it, cutting from the bus to the hospital to House’s bed to the bus and so on.

I really really loved this episode too.

And I’ll go with the group that says Cuddy on a pole was totally a-okay with me! :smiley:
Man, what does that say about MY subconscious?

Dangit, wish I knew how to read those spoiler boxes on an iPhone.

Anyway, loved this Twilight Zone-esque episode. And the only awkward thing about Cuddy pole-dancing was watching it with my parents. :open_mouth:

Release the twins, Lisa! You know you want to!

Rrowrr!!

Those sexy schoolgirl outfits just creep me out. Seriously. Any guy who gets a woody over these hideous costumes has a screw loose.

I fell asleep. Between you guys and Mr. K, I’m totally bummin’ that I missed this episode.

I’ve been to Princeton quite a few times, I guess I’ve just missed the “Little Trenton” neighborhood with crosstown buses and strip clubs.

I agree with you on this. House clearly has a thing for powerful women, ie. his ex wife and Cuddy, and CTB fits the bill. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was secretly a bit infatuated with her, in his 10 year old boy sort of way. But I do agree that Amber and House would never have an affair.

It’s far more likely they were meeting to discuss something ELSE that’s clandestine, like a possible mystery diagnosis. I can’t wait for next week!

I think Amber and House would have an affair in a heartbeat. And that Wilson would forgive them.