Houston or bust!

Wherever is fine with me, but it will to be on a weekend. Preferably late on a Friday or anytime on a Saturday. I’m here this weekend (10/20 & 10/30), not here next weekend, but back the weekend after (11/12 & 11/13). Pick a date.
Be warned, I will be trying to talk everybody into coming to Rocky.

Cessandra

My Homepage
The RHPS: Website For Virgins
Both Updated More Often Than This Sig

Correction: I’m here this weekend (10/29 & 10/30)

Second weekend(11/13 and 11/14) might work for me…I think that’s one of my overtime Sundays…But even if that’s the case, I could go for that Sunday Evening around 8:00 PM or so.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I am, frankly, going to have a tough time communicating this week. But, from what I understand, everybody who’s onboard at this point can deal with a change to the second weekend in November. I can’t do Saturday night, but I can do Friday or Sunday. Sounds like Cess and Sealemon are onboard; would like to hear more from Ayresha, the Lion, nasargenr, and others,

Gawd! The typos! They haunt me like little feet. How about:Sounds like Cess and Sealemon are onboard; would like to hear more from Ayesha, the Lion, nasargent, and others,

Meeting up with all the dopers in houston sounds good to me,still working on prying my better half out of the house.
Only free time for us is sat or sun night,I work night shift.
We are in NW Houston.
cessandra,ftr I saw the RHPS the very first night it showed in houston at the alabama theater as the KLOL midnight movie,shows how old I am!

Peace
t lion

Back in high school, me and my friends would watch Rocky at the Winsor Theater. They’d let you bring pretty much any props you wanted. We’d go in with the latest in water gun technology, along with bags of rice, playing cards, toilet paper, and Bic lighters with the fuel regulators sabotoged(sp) so we could have 5 inch flames for the “There’s a Light” sequence.

We were idiots. It was a great time.

One thing I learned not to bring to the show was 30 flashbulbs wired to go off at once.
I got booted out of the show when I set it off on the “Theres A Light” part.
Talk about seeing spots.
I messed up everybodys night vision.
Those were the days.

Peace
t lion

Cessandra, just curious, did you perform at Lovett college at Rice University recently? I avoided the show (loud drunk transvestites just aren’t my favorite people to be around), but I think I saw that it was the Beautiful Creatures. I may come to a get together for Houston dopers, or maybe not.

Hmm, maybe we can get together on two nights? I can’t come late on a Sunday, because I’ll be on my way back to Huntsville by then.

Lion – <Snicker> The Alabama has been a BookStop for as long as I can remember! But don’t worry, we have a guy named John from the Alabama who shows up every once in awhile, and I don’t think he’s very old.

TheNerd – Yes, it was Beautiful Creatures. We’re really the only cast in Houston right now.
I wasn’t at the Rice show, but my fiancé was. Apparently there was free alcohol, and the punch was spiked with Everclear. My darling fiancé (who has lost his tolerance for alcohol since I asked him to stop drinking) got unintentionally blitzed and had our other Janet hitting on him as well as several of the audience members. Sounds like a party I’m not sorry I missed.

Meanwhile, beatle showed up at Rocky last night!! (He started a thread about it here) I was so thrilled to see him! Who else is going to show up, huh?

Cessandra

My Homepage

Cessandra
I am talking about 1975-76 or so.
Long before bookstop took it over.
BTW RHPS was shown on comedy central this afternoon.
I havent been to see the show in about ten years,untill recently I worked weekend night shift.
Hope that they are not canceling the show.
I dont remember hearing the F word in the show,sounds like a little bit of adlibing going on.

Peace
t lion

Lion

Yeah, the board edited out my ::snicker:: over you having been to the Alabama. :slight_smile:

It’s been on VH1 all weekend.

A lot of the call-lines contain the word, but the thing is, the whole reason that Rocky is rated R is because of Tim Curry saying “A mental mind-f*ck can be nice!” It wasn’t the sex and violence, it was the f-word. And now they want us to get rid of it.

Cessandra

My Homepage

I stand corrected it was VH1.
I am sitting here racking my brain trying to remember the mind F*** line,what scene is it in?
I was the "bad son in law"who took all my wifes teenage little sisters to see RHPS,it took me years to live that down,especialy after they started acting out the show.
I think I have seen the show about 40-50 times over the years.
Peace
t lion

It’s during Planet Schmanet, Janet after Frank has trapped everybody with his Medusa-machine.

C&Pd from my AP script (http://www.shsu.edu/~stdmed17/Script8.html)

Brad
It’s as if we’re glued to the spot! {echo “My socks! I can’t move my socks!”}

Frank
You are! So quake with fear {echo “oats”}
you tiny fools!

{“Go for the Oscar, Janet!”}
Janet
We’re trapped!

Frank (sung)
It’s something you’ll get used to. A mental mind f* can be nice.**

cessandra
Oh yeah,now its comming back.
The part I never got over was the sonic transducer(its a loud speaker).
My son just got in and put the tv on VH1 guess what is on.
I will have to look for that scene.
I bet that they bleep it.
Hopefully next weekend I will be able to get the wife out to see the show,its been a long time.
Peace
t lion

Yup, I’m just this stubborn. We were talking about meeting this Sunday or next Sunday.

So, what’s the deal?

I know, I’m clutching at straws. But I don’t really feel like letting this die quietly.

Just meet at the Perkins out by the Interstate. There’s always one in every town.

I’m rushing off to work, but I’m still on for next weekend (13th or 15th).

Uh, make that 12th or 14th. We need to settle on a place (restaurant w/a bar).