Also:

Chinese
Vietnamese
BBQ
Mexican
Tex Mex
Italian
Cajun (Pappadeoux!)

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Oooh, my grandfather used to cook for a really great BBQ place on Katy freeway. It’s called Railroad Crossing. My favourite thing on the menu is a kind of BBQ casserole that he invented; it’s called Crosstie and it has beans, chipped beef, cheese and the best BBQ sauce in the world. With a piece of bread and a side of fries it’s heaven.

I’ll be glad to come if someone can fly me down! :slight_smile:

Would if I could, Rose. :slight_smile:

Hey… wait till I get there too

“Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”

If it was up to me, I’d fly all the Dopers down to Cancun for a week.

Cessandra, is the Railroad Crossing still open? And if it is, how do you get there? That casserole sounds like a meal I want to meet.

OK , somebody come up with some locations,
there is an Olive Garden at Memorial City Mall with a raspberry cheesecake to kill
for !

If we are going to do this, we need to decide where soon. Since I am a hermit, as the Lion has mentioned, I need time to get used to the idea of going someplace.

Ayesha - Lioness

You sound reasonable. Must be time to up my medication.

Places, huh? OK…let’s see now.

Pappadeoux
Carrabas (sp) on Westhiemer and Gessner
Spaghetti Warehouse
Mongolean Grill
Cafe Adobe (this place rocks, but i can’t remember exacly where it is…if y’all are interested in Mexican, i can look it up and post the location)
Those are off the top of my head, using the “18 allowed in” and “not too expensive” filters.

Truth is, I’m pretty easy when it comes to food. I’m more interested in meeting some of them thar Dopers.

Glad to see you and Lion joining the group, Ayesha. :slight_smile:

Cafe Adobe would work just fine. It’s at 2111 Westheimer which is the first block west of the intersection with Shepherd Dr., it’s on the south side opposite St. Anne’s church. Very close to River Oaks Theater (~½ mile).

So, folks, Friday evening works fine for me, but I understand T. Lion would have a conflict. I can’t do Saturday night, but I could do Saturday afternoon. Cess needs to be heading back to school Sunday, but would early (noonish or so) work?

Input, folks!

BTW, anybody have a laptop and a cell phone?

I work until Sunday evening, around 7:00. :frowning:

I can try ot take some time off, but all I’d be able to get would be 4 hours. That would mean I’d be out at 3:00 at the earliest.

What sucks is that I’m off this Sunday (tomorrow).

OK, I’m going to take the initative here, but advise me where I need corrections. It looks like we’re going to have two meetings, and I will support both. Cess’s schedule is incompatible w/T. Lion’s. So, I will state here that we’ll meet w/everyone at Cafe Adobe at 6:00 PM Friday as well as at 1:00 PM Sunday.

Does that work for everybody?

I’ll swing by after work, but I’ll probably miss everybody. The earliest i could get out would be 3:00, and I figure it would take at least 45 minutes to get to Cafe Adobe from work.

If 1:00 is the best time for everybody else though, then go for it. I’ll catch y’all next time. :slight_smile:

Well, the location sounds alright with me, I’ll ask Lion, and lets see if we can make the time around 2 or 2:30 pm Sunday, that way we can wait around for Sealemon. And he better damn well show up, or I will drag his butt into the pit !

Don’t make me hurt you Sealemon, I want to meet you guys in person !

Ayesha - Lioness

You sound reasonable. Must be time to up my medication.

Well, let’s just make it Sunday at a time Sealemon can work with, 4:00?

Please don’t be upset with me guys, but I’ve just concluded that I cannot make it this coming weekend. We are going to be so busy, we aren’t even going to Rocky. I’m sorry. :frowning:

Cessandra

Why sex is better than religion: There are laws against forcing sex on minors who can’t think for themselves.

PS, Mike King: yes, it’s still open, but I don’t know how to get there offhand. Tell me if this makes any sense (I’m terrible with directions!) It’s somewhere in Hempstead off of Katy Freeway and it’s right by a railroad track. Does that narrow it down any, or have I said anything impossible?

Cessandra

Why sex is better than religion: There are laws against forcing sex on minors who can’t think for themselves.

Cess,

Sorry we’ll miss you. The Railroad Crossing is at 14715 Hempstead Highway (713) 896-4000.

Everybody else,

OK, I’m going to abandon the 6:00 Friday and just work on 4:00 Sunday at Cafe Adobe.

Does this work?

Works with me, as long as y’all ain’t in too much of a hurry…

I’ll take off as much time as I can get away with.

And I will be there.