Houston or bust!

Sealemon88 said (in the How Cool Is That? thread)

Hey Sealemon!

Sundays will definitely work best for me. Just to through something out as a starting point I’ll suggest the Sunday after Halloween, November 7th.

I’m going to post your post as well as this in a new Houston thread and see what happens.

Regards,

beatle

That should work for me. :slight_smile:

What kind of Houston get-together?

Cessandra

My Homepage
The RHPS: Website For Virgins
Both Updated More Often Than This Sig

Sealemon said:

Oh, please come!! But sometime soon, because rumor is that we’ll be gone soon after Hallowe’en. In fact, all Houston Dopers are officially begged to show up either Friday or Saturday night on Hallowe’en weekend (I’m playing Janet both nights.) Please come, and let me know that you’re there!!!

Cessandra

My Homepage

I’ll try to make it. Thanks for the invitation!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

First off, let’s try “throw” instead of “through”(sigh).

Cess,

A) Can’t get there Saturday, but maybe Friday. I’m frankly out of touch; where does RHPS go on these days?

B) As far as a get-together, I don’t know. I know you’re a bit north of town and a weekend would probably work best for you. Alternate thoughts I’ve had include the fact that I know a lot of people drive in for the work day from way out there, and a weekday evening might work better for some.

Time to get organized. I live in Montrose (center of town) and work on Post Oak near the Galleria. Although Sunday is easiest for me, I’ll work with the rest of you.

Input?

beatle (and anyone else willing to show up at Rocky):
go to my website, click the Beautiful Creatures link (this is our cast page.) Go to Current Info. This has a map to River Oaks Theatre where we show Rocky.

Also, not only am I a bit north, I am technically in Huntsville (going to Sam Houston.) I go to Pearland every other weekend (to stay with fiancé), but if you all want to meet on an off weekend, I can possibly go stay at my parent’s house in Cypress.

Cessandra

My Homepage

A bob-to-the-top post for the Monday AM at work posters.

Recruiting, recruiting…

sorry to barge in…nothing to do with the party…I have a topic for beatle in Great Debates…

Sigh, there are more than three of us in Houston. Why doesn’t anybody want to meet?

Cessandra

My Homepage

Checked the New York Meeting Minutes thread…looks like Ayesha and The Lion might give in.

Peer pressure! Peer pressure!

How about a bribe? I’ll get the first round.

I’m in Houston too and would enjoy meeting you all. Anywhere around Montrose/River Oaks is good for me.

nasargent,
Rocky is at the River Oaks Plaza, so if you want to drop by feel free!!!

Cessandra

My Homepage

I was down for a couple of days as a benefit of AOL. It looks like we’re talking possibly nasargent and myself from near Montrose, Sealemon from somewhere on the north side, Cess from the far north side but a commuter, and possibly Ayesha and T L. We have to congregate somewhere where we can get a drink, but is also legal for Cess to attend. First thought is a barbecue house, but many restaraunts offer bars w/eats. I’m still, until alternatives are proffered, ready to work with the group.

sunbear, I’ve not forgotten you.

One of may favorite places for a drink and decent eats is Teala’s on West Dallas between Waugh and Woodhead. The food is good (if a little pricey), the beer is cold, and the margaritas are to die for. The atmosphere can be yuppy, but not TOO trendy.

It’s late and I’m tired, but I recognize I’ve mangled the past pluperfect of “forget.”

C’est la vie!

Bouncing this thread back up…

The first weekend of November is approaching, y’all. Who’s up for a meet?

So far it’s beatle, Cessandra, nasargent, and myself. Nasargent suggested a place that sounds pretty good; I’d choose someplace on Richmond/Westheimer.

Some questions:

1.Anyone else in Houston interested in a meet?

2.Where do y’all wanna meet at? It should probably be a resturant, for anyone who’s underage in the group.

1. Are we gonna do this, or just yak about it?

I’m still in. A restaurant is a good idea; I’m a little rushed right now, but I’ll be back! Roll call!

Back to the top.

One week…sign up now!