The Houston Dopers Meeting

Well, beatle is the offical reporter on the meeting. But since he has a life away from this board, I thought I would start my impression of everyone who showed.

First it was a small gathering, only 4 of us.
Whih was good for me, as I don’t do well with large groups of strangers.

beatle - Well beatle is a smart guy, funny too. I think he could get along with anyone.

Sealemon - Sealemon is a cutie -pie. He really is. Smart, as funny IRL as he is here. If I had a sister who was his age and
not married I’d introduce them.

The LION - What can I say, he’s mine, I’ll keep him !

Ayesha _ Ayesha is a very shy, quiet , sweet
lady. Never would she act in public as she does on this board. She wouldn’t lie either.

All in all, I really did enjoy the company, even if I was the only female.

Ayesha - Lioness

You sound reasonable. Must be time to up my medication.

I’m going to be in town (La Porte) from the 18th to the 30th. I’m a sister, of age and not married hmm…

Best!
Byz

Oh Byz, We have to all meet ! I swear, Sealemon really is a sweetie and a cutie.

I even got to steal a hug from him and beatle both ! I would let beatle meet my sister too ! But I have a cousin who I’m thinking of getting on the board that I think might like him.

BTW, we did discuss you.

Ayesha - Lioness

Hey!! me too me too!! Sounds like you all had a great time!!

“Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”

Cessandra,

You wanted to know everything . Well here it is.
>

>

>

>

EVERYTHING .
Now you have to wait for beatle, he has THE LIST.

Ayesha - Lioness

Damn Ayesha… you never trust a man to take minutes!!! yep yep Byz… he definitely is a cutie and sweetie!!!

“Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”

Ayesha – “BTW, we did discuss you.”

Is this an exercise in how to drive a person crazy?! Yeah, AND SO?! What was the general consensus? Psychotic bitch that can spell or big old softy that can spell? A woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman (that can spell)? WHAT! :slight_smile:

Sounds like he’s pretty cute and sweet. But tell me… can he spell?

Best!
Byz

Ummm…you do read my posts, right? Of COURSE I can’t spell! I might as well put that in my sig line! :wink:

OK…to the meeting.

I was kinda nervous at first: I didn’t really know what to expect. A couple of ritas loosened me up (loosened my bladder up too, dammit. Musta been a nervous thang), and really, they are all great guys.

Beatle: The man is organized and funny. Does NOT look his age.

The Lion: Exactly what I expected. A very cool, laid-back biker/computer geek kinda guy.

Ayesha: I bow to her. She is even more fun in person than her posts indicated.

The coolest thing was watching Ayesha and The Lion together. Too be married for that long, and still act like they’re dating…too cool.

I would love to meet any and all Dopers that are in the area. Byzantine, let us know when you’re gonna be here, and when you’ll have some free time. Same message for Cessandra, TheNerd, and anyone else that wanted to attend this meeting and wasn’t able to make it.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Aytesha’s mail still isn’t available, so I want to say this here: Thank you both for coming. I know you were nervous about coming, and I’m glad you both did.

How about Mongolian next time? :smiley:

Well, I’m gonna post three times in a row. :wink:

Beatle: The work you did for the meeting WAS outstanding. Keeping the topic afloat, doing research on what other Dopers were in Houston, and keeping the minutes was above and beyond the call of duty, mon.

SAAAAALUTE!

I agree with Sealemon about beatle. And I want to add my thanks to him as well. He really did all the work.

Uh, Sealemon , as far as I’m concerned Mongolian is cool. I’ll try ALMOST anything
once. Well, not bugs !

I really did enjoy meeting both you and beatle.

I really do hope we can do a Hou.Dope 2 (Say that fast !) with a few more people. I’ll make name tags, but this time I’ll have LION print out the names on the printer, and then add the those slips to a tag. (Only G_d knows what I may make them from this time !)
And maybe a Dopers Unite flag for the center of the table. That will raise some eyebrows !

Wherever we meet it has to be on the bus line!

Oh and believe me, T. Lion and I have had our moments !

Byz,
To answer your first question,

yes ! And you made The List too.

Ayesha - Lioness

Well hey, if you four want to get together again and road-trip up to Dallas, you could have the signal honor of eating a meal cooked by Chef Troy!

I wanted to come to the Houston get-together but my wife and son couldn’t have come, and I couldn’t go without them. Mrs. Chef’s patented not-angry-but-terribly-terribly-hurt expression would have sucked all the fun out of it if I’d even tried. sigh

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Sealemon88 – you spell well enough for me! But you are, what? 20? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Like I said, I’ll be there from the 18th to the 30th. I don’t know what my sister has planned but I don’t think an hour or two will kill any of her plans. I don’t think she’d like me giving out her phone number though, will you or someone else send me your number (privately of course) and I’ll call you when I get into town? If nothing else we can “meet” over the phone!

Ayesha – so, you DO want to drive me crazy! Well, don’t bother to put on your seatbelt, it’ll be a short drive!

And what is THE LIST? Sounds ominous! Or do you mean Santa’s list? The one he checks twice? I’m fairly certain I’m on the naughty side! But I get more attention that way!

Best!
Byz

OOH! OOH! OOH!

Didja talk about me? Huh! Huh! Didja?

I do this at every town meeting thread. God, I am pathetic…

Yer pal,
Satan

Satan telling God he’s pathetic… should I put this in the “now I’ve seen everything” thread? :wink: You’re not pathetic, you are like me; you want to know what people are saying about you. Seems pretty human to me…

Best!
Byz

Satan,
Yes we did discuss you, and I discussed your ass too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Really, must Satan’s ass rear it’s ugly head in every thread? Years from now, historians are going to write books on how that thread has grown to encompass an entire board’s psyche.

But, more importantly…did my name come up??? Oh gosh, I need the validation!!!

I struck out at the NY meeting, I have no delusions of grandeur when it comes to the Houston get-together.

Hey, it takes skill to rack up 250 posts and stay completely below radar.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Mullinator – well, one thing about you I’ve shared with IRL friends is your sig line. I love it!

OK! It looks like I’ll need to attend to my duties if I want to come out and frolic on the board some more.

Ahem…

The following is an accurate and precise record of the transactions of HOU.DOPE 1 presented in a manner not necessarily subscribing to the standards of the Houston SDMB Board of Directors:

We, being Ayesha, The LION, Sealemon88 and beatle, congregated, after a fashion, at Cafe Adobe Sunday last. Very nice day, I got there a little early and had a couple of beers watching Dallas and Green Bay go at it as well as watching some of my companions in the bar. Well, those two left and besides, I had Dopers to meet!

I’d remembered something Phil D had said in another IRL thread about wearing funny hats and, at the last minute, had thought of a name tag for IFF. I just recycled a convention name tag, but Ayesha, who’s a dedicated craftsperson, made individual name tags for all of us. We’ve all seen a jillion preprinted name tags, and I had to think, when have I ever had a hand crafted name tag? Never! It’s kinda cool. And what’s more, it’s sitting here on my desk right now. A physical artifact! Unlike all the UFO stuff we’ve heard over the years, I can prove these people are real!

The Rocky Horror Picture Show served as a social conduit on several levels, as it has before. The LION attended the first Houston showing (when was that, TL?) and that led to much reminiscing. We’ll get to that (I think). Mr. T’s your man on the radio front - it’s always interesting to hear from somebody who has been mining the airwaves and TL knows the score. Really. And I’ll also say here, TL and I met quick agreement on another observation: we both felt like we were pretty smart 'til we arrived at this board. Not like we now think we’re dummies or anything, but we agreed, if you’re going to proffer an answer in GQ, be sure of your answer.

And Mr. Sealemon88 attended as well. He is the reason I said above “congregated, after a fashion,” We knew he was going to. But it got to be 4:30 and Ayesha said, “I’m not giving up on him yet.” I think we had the simultaneous thought - Does this place have two bars? I volunteered for recon…

Bagged one!

Mr. Sealemon was watching the game and the bar and his 'rita when I fetched him. He looked like a man relieved - it was great to know the whole crew had assembled. I like Sealemon and he is, as per his own self desription, a quiet guy until you get to know him. Well, all you gals think he’s a sweetie - let me quote the Sealemon on his years at Rocky Horror:
“We were front-row assholes! We had a battery-powered watergun that could get the first 30 rows…”

And, in gal world, he’s still probably a sweetie. Anyway, nice guy - the whole crew was a very enjoyable meet.

Rocky Horror continued for a while, because of the association with our absent member, Cessandra (BTW, Cess, is that pronounced w/a hard C or a soft C?). We’ll see you next time.

Now, on to the show…

Well, let’s not keep anybody waiting; here is the list:

Requests first…

hmmmm…Satan?..snorkeling through my own patented scrawl I see something that looks like…Sadam?..hmmm…ass…yes, it’s Brian; oh! and we agreed not to tell him what we said about him (wink).

Now Mullinator,…well I’ve got a reference to the tall guy - post more.
Others of whom we spoke (in no particular order):

ChiefScott
AuraSeer
daniel p bostaph
El Mariachi Loco
SqrlCub
Dianne
E1Skeptic
falcon
Coldfire (you still owe me a beer, man, but I know I’ve got to show to collect)
John (or however he spells his name)
White Wolf
TubaDear
Gr8Kat
Lynn Bodoni
Cristi
ChrisCTP
Zette (and her pal, Bug Vomit)
CanadianSue
Byzantine
Satan?
MoosieGirl
Kellibelli
Phil_D
manhattan and the whole New York group (Hey flora and alpha and uke, et al it’s late and this is a big homework assignment)
DrFidelius
Dr Jackson
Opal and Storm
Neuro (oh, f***, I’m not lookin’ at it, but nt grrrl - you know who you are)
UncleBeer
WallyM7
Polycarp
Mike King
Guy Propski
Stoidela
handy

Remember - I said no particular order AND then we named another 50 or so until finally Sealemon made the pronouncement that there wasn’t any poster he wouldn’t like to meet. Personally, I could miss some of our three day wonders, but the rest of y’all. Hey, c’mon!

Yep, Mr. Sealemon, I think, called it right when he said there’s really only about 300 or so posters who are active. Ah, well…

We did identify a little list of bad dogs, but I think I’ll hold off on posting that.

Taking into consideration that I am the current Houston SDMB record holder for alcohol consumption at a single meeting, I’ll try to wrap this up.
Other issues addressed:

• Editing your own post - Well, all of us have posted some typos (some interesting) and we know the UBB software allows this option, and notes any editing

• If you don’t like moderated boards, try one that is not

Oh Geez, a lot…

ETC

We’ve received communiques regarding visits from various potential visitors, including Guy Propski, Mike King and Byzantine. Ya’ll keep us posted. OK? We can probably muster one or two or a few.

Suffice to say that it was a lot of fun to get together; there’s a lot more in my notes, but I think I just need to let it run from here…

Well, I just got a private email from Sealemon88 with his phone number so I’m going to call when I get in town. Probably on the 19th or so. I will be at your mercy so to speak since I won’t have a car or even if I did I wouldn’t know where in the hell I was going!

If a big group of us could get together I think that would be great! I have a feeling of fear but I do believe in the statement: Fuck the fear do it anyway! What if you meet me and HATE ME ON SIGHT!? Gee, really, that is my biggest fear! How very sad and shallow!

Anyway, I still think it would be fun. Hell, if nothing else I’ll grab at EVERYONE’S ass and then see if I can really twirl you on my shoulder. That right there should make for some fun!

Anyway, we’ll see. I’ll have my own notes to share later on. Or hell, I could end up paying money to keep some notes OFF the board! :wink:

Best!
Byz