How are people feeling about Discourse?

ETA: @GreenWyvern ninja’d most of what I was had written but got interrupted before posting.

So I’ll continue w just my conclusion.

Ref any of the user searches you need to be able to correctly spell the name of the poster you’re seeking. That’s sometimes a problem for people.

All these options as @GreenWyvern explained are available from the advanced search page. Click the magnifying glass, then click “options” at the right of the popup. That brings up the advanced search page. All the various choices down the right side just inject text into the search input textbox at upper left. When you click the magnifying glass at the right of that search input textbox it will process whatever is in the search input textbox.

The gotcha is that some parts of that UI on the right are flaky.

It assumes you’re using Tab to move from item to item, and pressing Tab is the signal to push whatever you selected via dropdown or checkbox or whatever into the search box. So sometimes you can make entry(s) in the options on right but they don’t transfer to the textbox. Which goof will make it seem like the search results aren’t respecting your choices. It always respects the choices as shown in the search textbox; that may not always reflect the last item you updated in the options on the right. Forewarned is forearmed.

I’ve since learned what the text inputs are for the features I use all the time. Which are mostly the 4 you asked about. I just keystroke them directly into the search input textbox without bothering w the dropdowns, checkboxes, etc., UI on the right.