How can anyone vote for Trump in 2020? No. But Seriously

Thanks for the cite. According to your article, "The most recent FBI statistics on the rate and number of crimes are for 2018. They show that crime has declined since Trump became president "

If you want to say that Trump exaggerates, and takes credit for things he didn’t actually do, no argument here. But your claim was that non-WASPs are more unsafe, and I see no evidence for that.

Thanks for sharing your feelings with the group. We affirm that your emotions are valid and important.

And true. You forgot to mention true.

He has pursued a white nationalist agenda and his base is made up of white nationalists. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?

Neither Republican nor Democrat, it’s the Party of ME!

How did Trump reduce minority unemployment? Did he hire a bunch of minorities? Or something else?

Crime is as low as it has been in decades. If there has been a small uptick, it has been on Trump’s watch – why would re-electing him help?

NATO defense spending has been trending upward since 2014.

Regarding Trump’s foriegn policy mastery, I will give him this credit: He’s second only to Dennis Rodman with his North Korean foreign policy charade. That’s some tough competition. If you’re going for a rebound in the paint.

I certainly wouldn’t vote for wannabe tyrant and current criminal & traitor Trump.

But here is an email I got a couple weeks ago from an 70-something friend who’s fully on the Trump bandwagon. I’ve left the spelling and formatting exactly as I received it.

So there you have it. A true believer explains his rational.

Only (imperfect) Trump is strong enough to stand up to Xi, and Clinton = EVIL. Therefore no Biden for him.

I knew him well when he was in his 50s. He was a decent soul. And he was/is smart guy, albeit IQ-smart not EQ-smart. But I can vouch that he’s sincere in what he says here. Wrong IMO, but completely sincere.

This has always been a pretty tiresome/questionable talking point, since unemployment rates for all races move together. Whether someone is a racist is relatively unrelated to whether they’re presiding over a strong economy. But in this case, it’s just bullshit cherrypicking.

Here’s the chart for black unemployment: Unemployment Rate - Black or African American (LNS14000006) | FRED | St. Louis Fed

Looks like it went from 12.7 to 7.9% during Obama’s presidency (a reduction of ~0.5% a year) and from 7.9% to 14.6% so far during Trump’s presidency (an increase of over 1% a year).

Gosh, mbh, why’d you choose a 2-year timespan?

<… private message copied verbatim to public forum…>

That’s ‘rationale’, so long as we’re being picky about spelling.

They vote for Trump because they don’t see the cost to themselves. I believe we need to do something about that.

Can you be more specific? Gonna hunt down the MAGA-hatters and beat them? Riots if Trump is re-elected? Maybe you can find a nervous smiling high school kid to torment or something.

Remember when Obama was elected and suddently ‘civility’ was the mandate? Oh, those crazy days when a woman could be accused of having blood on her hands because a campaign mailer said that Republicans had to ‘target’ several swing districts. That was ‘hatred’, and she was accused of getting Gabby Giffords shot.

Now you can pummel effigies of public figures in their driveways, burn and loot stores, beat people unconscious in the streets, burn police stations, threaten Trump supporters with retribution if they vote the ‘wrong’ way, and all is good. It’s just speech.

Any bets that if Democrats get elected we will start hearing the ‘civility’ drumbeat agajn almost overnight? And dissent will immediately stop being ‘the highest form of patriotism’.

:smack: Thank you.

In fact, other than a couple of neologisms Chrome didn’t recognize, the man’s spelling was perfect. Could have benefited from a couple of paragraph breaks maybe. My point, like using (sic) wasn’t that he’d done anything wrong, but rather that I hadn’t lost any formatting in the copying.

It was certainly hard to grasp for my half-black, half-Jewish, weed smoking, metal guitarist friend who voted for Trump in 2016 (though he says he won’t be voting for him again.) His reasoning: he hates political correctness and SJWs, and relishes the idea of a president who will send all those people into fits of apoplexy.

It is NOT, in my estimation, a socially responsible way to participate in democracy. At all.

But let’s not kid ourselves that lots of people still did it. Trump was the middle finger to a cultural orthodoxy that they hated. And still hate. You don’t need to be a white Christian to do that. In fact, if you’re not, you get to enjoy favored status among the Trump base as “one of us”, that they can point to and say “see?! Does this guy look like David Duke to you?!” Let’s not pretend that some non-white non-Christian non-heterosexual people with idiosyncratic politics wouldn’t relish the opportunity to have favored status and be that token minority.

I said I’m not male, I’m not Protestant and I have felt less safe since 2016. White and Anglo Saxon I will cop to. I don’t doubt that you don’t see any evidence of feeling less safe. That is why privilege is clung to so forcibly.

Again, this is not GD and I don’t have to provide a cite for describing how I have experienced reality.

That would be a good start.

Nobody loathes Tump more than I. And he stabbed gun owners in the back and the NRA rolled over and played dead over it.

But that is nothing compared to what will happen if Biden is POTUS and the Democrats gain both sides of Congress. They’re not going to fuck around like they did when Obama was in office.

Plus there will probably be at least 1 SCOTUS appointment in the next 4 years. Eventually they are going to take a hard core Second Amendment case.

As a gun owner and gun dealership owner what choice do I have?

Stock up?