How common are separate beds in marriages?

We have a queen size bed, but I like having a spare for those times we’re on wildly different schedules, or someone is ill, or having some other sort of issue that makes sharing a bed less than wonderful.

I thought he meant that Hitler ‘had’ retired couples and that he took them in the bunker.

Hey, coulda happened… That Man was Evil.

Hee. I love the moment in Short Cuts where Tim Robbins is trying to get somewhere with Madeline Stowe and one of their kids comes in. He tries to play it off: “Silly daddy, sleeping on top of Mommy”.

I’ve had to sleep in a separate room from the wife regularly, she’s got snoring issues.

That was the deal for my grandparents, only it was my grandfather that snored. Sometimes he’d doze off at family get togethers and it sounded like someone was using a chainsaw. I’m surprised she didn’t hear him all the way in the other room.

I once visited my parents after they moved to the east coast and I had not been to their home in some time. I was surprised to find that they had moved into separate bedrooms due to both of them snoring. Each had their own bathroom, too (mom had the master bed/bath, and dad had the 2nd bedroom and guest bath). They seemed good with that, and who was I to ask.

Now that I am forced to live this way now it is kinda a downer knowing I am having to live like this with my spouse, but at a much younger age. Anyway, back to the thread at hand.

They also had separate, but connecting suites at the Berghof.

On the plus side Eva managed to get married; for some mysterious reason a lot of young German women those days weren’t able to find a husband no matter how hard they tried.

My parents shared a full-size bed, until we kids left home. Then my mother moved into the smallest bedroom.

My husband and I live in separate (next-door) houses, but usually sleep in the same king-size bed . . . possibly along with two cats and two large dogs.