How do I become president or chief of staff?

So why have i ‘already failed’, foxtrot?

Networking. Getting in with the ‘right people.’ Having a lot of money or earning a lot of money, and sucking up but still managing to appear authoritative. The problem with the answer is that it is not straightforward - there is no system or path anyone has followed. Be wary that most presidents have been at least twice your age. Building influence and assets and connections to this degree takes an incredible amount of time.

And p.s. foxtrot: how do you know for sure that the secrets aren’t that amazing? Are you Joshua Bolten?

Must all this really be spelled out for you?

Classified information is declassifed when it’s been determined that its knowlege no longer stands as a threat to security. Do some reading.

He’s talking about WH CoS (You know, like Martin Sheen in The American President), not one of the Joint Chiefs. The White House Chief of Staff is generally a civilian, in my experience.

On the other hand, becoming a four-star general still couldn’t hurt, especially if you manage to become an attache to some other four-star general who wins World War 3 and decides to make a run at the Presidency…

Exapno Mapcase:

What if your dream is to invent the perfect toilet bowl?

I’d say get crackin’, because the Japanese are already way ahead.

Har! But too abstract. The dream must actually be the toilet bowl. Do we have a metaphysician in the house?