How do I contact Google?

So I found several misspellings and misinformation on a few of Google’s pages, and tried to report them to Google. Here’s an example: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

I’ve never heard of 1290x720 resolution.

Anyhow, I like Google, and I want to see their pages giving correct information, and empower people to upload quality videos. So I try to contact them, but see no method of doing so other than reporting a page as abuse or some such.

While I was on their contact page, I found another misspelling: Contact Us

(bolding mine to show the misspelling)

I did try calling the phone number on their site (650-253-0000), and heard an option for technical support and customer service (press 5). I got a recording stating that they do not offer phone support, and to go to Google Help. I did, but there’s no option for contacting them to report bad content.

I would try using their spam report form.

From what I’ve heard from my friend who works at Google, it’s actually got a small company feel and I suspect that a submission on this form would make it in to the right hands.

Never mind. I see you did find that page.

Don’t worry, with this post, you have already contacted google, I’m sure it’ll get back to you shortly (‘it’ because google isn’t actually run by people anymore; the ‘recorded messages’ you heard were really the AI, cheerfully named GMan, acquiring a sense of humour).

To actually be somewhat helpful, here’s a list of google offices around the world.

So that makes it misinformation?

Several HD-capable cameras utilize 1290 x 720; for example, the Nikon D90, and the Toshiba Gigashot series.

So I don’t think Google is terribly interested in being corrected, especially when they are right.

Interesting. I’ve never heard of 1290x720 either. I suppose the OP meant that it should be 1280, as in 1280x720, but I haven’t heard of that either.

The closest I can think of are 1280x800 and 1280x1024.

Well 1280 x 720 would be the resolution of a 720p HD video, so it is not a totally random resolution.

Yes.

Just because other people post incorrect information and you quote them doing so doesn’t make Google right. Those places you posted also mistyped - it’s understandable, the 8 and the 9 keys are right next to each other.

Here’s correct specs on the first one you listed, from the manufacturer:
http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/d90/

I couldn’t find much reliable info on the other camera, but I trust Amazon the other reference:

Also, I know a lot of people don’t trust Wikipedia, but here’s what they have to say:

How about Cnet, what’s their hdtv-resolution article say?

Maybe in a country other than America? How about Britain?

Can you give me some reliable links other than advertisements by people who might, very well, have mistyped it, before you state that I am wrong and Google is right?

OK, now that we’ve thought about it, wouldn’t Google like to know about this? Let’s pretend 1290 is a valid resolution, don’t you still consider that a misspelling on the other screen? Shouldn’t they want to know about these things? Are they really as arrogant as you suggest?

Half Man, thanks for the link. The first phone number on the page is the one I tried earlier. They do not offer telephone support.

Hey I want to point out that Google has updated their site to show the correct information:

Recommended: 1280 x 720 (16x9 HD) and 640 x 480 (4:3 SD)

In addition to posting it here, I also posted it on my Blog:
http://yosean.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-do-i-report-bad-content-to-google.html

which is run by Google. I wonder if they noticed it through there and fixed it :slight_smile:

I would like to approach them with a major revenue idea, but I have never gotten through to a single person. At one time I was considering just going there (mountainview, ca).

hmm… still want to talk abou it…