How do I convert MP3 to qcp ringtones?

I have an LG 220c Tracfone that I’m trying to load with a few specific, self created sound files that I would like to use as ring tones. This specific model of phone doesn’t apparently recognize MP3 files. Does any Doper have a suggestion regarding software to convert my existing sound files into the QCP files my phone can use?

All polite suggestions welcomed. Rude ones too if they’re creative and interesting.

Can you just change the .mp3 part of the filename to .qcp? I did this (or it may have been the other way around) when sending some ringtones to my Verizon phone and it worked.

Rename the file extension does not work. I successfully create ringtones in QCP format following the guide here:
http://qcpconverter.com/how-to-convert-mp3-wav-to-qcp.html

I don’t know if it will help, but I created my own ring tones with Goldwave. It is free for about 2000 uses.

1st I would probe & explore the phone to make sure there are no .mp3 files already on it, to verify that it can’t take that format. I have been able to load .mp3 ringtones on 4 different phones over the last 7 years (Motorola, LG, HTC).
If there are no .mp3s on the Tracfone and u really can’t load, try Audacity. Very useful editing freeware - I’ve even spliced sections of songs together to make custom ringtones. I dunno about .qcp files specifically, but it does let u save in a few different formats.

Reported