How do i get my closed thread deleted?

The forum run by Bobbies with billy clubs is the next door down.

Monarchy??!! WE’RE the monarchy! What you characters are, I’m not sure!
:smiley:

Help! Help! I’m being repressed!

I, for one, was looking forward to hearing more about the lives of men who pay women for sex. Scintillating.

Point of clarification, please (and I apologize if this has been asked and answered before):

If the topic of discussion is legal in the poster’s country, but not the US, is that still off-limits? It’s actually a relevant question since cannabis is about to legalized here in Canada (if you believe Trudeau). It’s easy to imagine all types of threads as a result . . .

So that’s what “Mod Hat On” means…

This gets a little complicated.

First of all, this is what the Registration Agreement says:

It doesn’t say that you can’t discuss material that is illegal. It only says that you can’t discuss material that encourages activity that is illegal in the U.S.

The way that we’ve interpreted this in the past is that it’s ok to discuss the legality of something, like if cannabis is illegal in a particular area, but we haven’t allowed discussions about the use of cannabis in general. In other words, discussion about pending legislation in Canada is fine, discussions about what exactly the laws are in other areas is fine, but discussions bragging about how you smoked weed in an area where it is legal are forbidden as that tends to a discussion of smoking in general, and in most areas of the U.S. that isn’t legal.

So a debate about whether cannabis should be legalized in Canada is fine, but saying that you can’t wait to go to Canada to toke up isn’t.

Similarly, a discussion about the best way to roll a joint wouldn’t be permitted, even if you said you were only doing it in an area where it is legal, because that’s a very general topic and would apply to joint tolling in areas where it isn’t legal, and thus encourages illegal activity. “How to” type posts about drugs generally aren’t allowed.

Discussing how drugs affect the human body from a medical point of view tends to be ok. Discussing how drugs affected you personally and sharing stories of drug use however is not allowed.

If you have a question about a particular topic or post, feel free to PM a mod for the forum you want to post to and ask them if it’s ok.

Splitter!

Thanks for that very helpful response.

I get that the bottom line is what is illegal in the US (and have no plans on trying to circumvent the rule) but I’ll still say that it strikes me as bizarre not being allowed to discuss things that are legal in my jurisdiction.

ETA: BTW, why would “saying that you can’t wait to go to Canada to toke up” not be permitted? It’s like a resident of a dry state or area saying that he/she can’t wait to go across state lines to have a good time. Sounds reasonable to me. And totally legal.

I did a thread about buying pot in Denver that was left to run.

Yes, I can recall quite a few threads recounting personal experience of drug use.I’m sure we had one on bad trips quite recently. None were closed, as I remember. Although my memory may be shot by past drug abuse. :slight_smile:

If the thread is closed and/or deleted, how can we point and laugh like good little Nazis?

Open a Pit thread, of course.

Ah, but this is the Straight Dope message board. If you want the Straight Dooe message board it’s down the hall, turn left at Reddit and head straight on towards 4chan. And we don’t disallow free s’peach here, although most of our denizens do prefer s’nectarines.

The consumption of marijuana for recreational purposes is not legal in your jurisdiction.

Not “Nazis”, but rather “Nazi’s”. There’s a super-secret noun phrase hidden and only the OP knows where and what it is.

Nazi’s what?

Indeed. But I had established earlier that I was talking about the not-too-distant future when it will be legal. Phrased differently, I was discussing a ‘what if’.

Straight dope. The whole thing doesnt make any sense to me. But its not my board. But this is not straight dope. Maybe it was 10 years ago. I guess maybe its like how everythings all oolically correct in usa nowadyas. Some schools cant even say pledge of allegance. Some states cantbear arms. And some straight dope messageboards cant even talk straight dope. Times are a changin. Ill go ahead and conform. By the powerthat be i have bowed down and will abide by the straight dope’ censorship rules of conversing on the straight dope message board. But now that im thinking about it. This is even more bullshit than it originally seams. For instance. This is a true story i got my credit card number stolen last week at a restaurant a broad took a pic and they actually made a copy card and used it at gas station pumps around town. " - would ya look at that. Just look at it. Just look at it. - this thread is destinted to get banned because i just told the world how to steal a credit card number and how they are doing it. They used a cell phone to take the picture also. - lets say my first post was. I saw a guy shoot at the cops to get away from them yesterday. - i just wrote how the bad guy was shooting at the cops to try and get away while breaking the law. Well see that just sounds fucking stupid because everyone knows your supposed to use a gun to try and break the law. Or tour supposed to shoot at the cops to try and break the law and get away. Theres a million instances i can come up with like this. But thats all hersey third party talk. not straight dope. My post was straight dope. Wait maybe it was the mannerism that the post way made because it was not about me informing people how i broke the law. That was a small part of it. But the post was about hearing about other peoples straight dope stories from personal experiences about the subject. And for me to share and ald all of my experiences and knowledge. “Knowledge” there it is again. Knowledge. I post knowledge about how i broke the law and didnt get caught. Its possible im the dumbest mutherfuxker in here and all that i said would do nothing but flat out get you arrested for breaking the law. Ya well then what. I guess its all in the eye of the nazi moderator. On the straight dope forums.

I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I feel sooo schooled right now.

I, sir, will never get that image from my head. Except I picture a tiny hummingbird on the point.