How do I get old? Let me count the ways...

I now buy my ibuprofen in 500-count bottles.

I went to Old Navy not too long ago to get a new pair of jeans. I caught myself thinking “I am not paying $60 for a new pair of jeans that have more holes than the ones I’m replacing!”

I find that it’s been so long since I’ve seen certain classic movies/read certain books that it may be time to revisit them because my memory of them is becoming faint . . . very faint.

Especially if it was just yesterday. :smiley:

A couple of months ago I had a temp job working in various schools. I went to my old high school, and it dawned on me. I graduated 18 years ago, which means that seniors today were born when I graduated. That made me feel old.

When some kid on the SDMB asks you about the old days and it turns out he is talking about the 70’s and 80’s.

And I should add “Get off my lawn!”

It’ll get even better in a couple of years: kids that were born the year I graduated are, this year, becoming old enough to drink (legally). sigh

I was catching up with an acquaintance of mine who I hadn’t talked to in awhile. I’d joked offhand that I was going to start looking in the obituaries in her city. She said “what’s an obituary?” I said it was listings in the newspaper when people die. She said “I’ve never read a newspaper, so I wouldn’t know.” Ouch. FTR, she’s 15 so I don’t feel THAT old. Although… my kids are in their teens too, and now that I think of it I don’t think I’ve ever seen them read a newspaper either.

As for the OP, I had a bike wreck on my way to work and ripped some small holes in the knees of my one good pair of jeans. I was at Old Navy looking for more, and when I saw them with holes I figured I just saved $35 because holes in jeans are fashionable again yaaay!

Without thinking, I commented on how short my sister’s skirt was before she headed out for the night. My forty-something, older sister.

It’s scary hearing your mother’s voice coming out your own mouth…!

Funny. I often think to myself: this is a sign of getting old, next time there is a thread about it I’ll post it.

But then the thread comes and I can’t remember any of the things that this was.

Two days ago we were walking to the train and passed by a Bath and Body Works. I pulled my husband inside to smell all the wonderful soaps and the were all awful. Nothing in there smelled good, not even the candles. When we left I looked at him and said, “I feel old. I don’t like Bath and Body Works anymore and they pretty much dominated my bathroom from 14-22!”

Got the invite for my tenth college reunion. I have no idea what I’ve been doing for ten years. Ten years!

Looking at the Billboard Hot 100 I’ve never heard **any ** of the songs and I only recognize a few of the artists (and Taylor Swift, Nelly, and Eminem account for most of those). Who or what the hell is a Trey Songz?

In my 20’s, I could drink beer all night and wake up fresh as a daisy.

In my 30’s, I found that I had a limit- after a while, I just didn’t want anymore, and even though I had stopped, in the morning I had a hangover.

In my 40’s, I not only drink less than I used to, and still have hangovers, but after drinking about 3 beers at night, I now have to get up at least twice during the night to pee.

Why should I go see a Broadway revival when I saw the original show at 1/3 the price?

New Years Day from the late 1960’s through the late 1980’s: Oh, my head! Get me a Bloody Mary. Order yourselves a pizza, I’m going back to bed.

New Years Day from the late 1980’s to the present: Maybe sleep in an extra hour or two, then business as usual!

And a relief it is, too! Haven’t had a hangover in years, and for that I am fervently glad.

Just saw a picture of Danny Lloyd, the kid in The Shining. Dude is all growed up, goatee and receding hairline. And it seems Mr. Sali and I went to see The Shining just last year! Where does the time GO? Seriously. Years and years and years zip by in a flash. This is the scariest part of aging, so far.

Tenth? My fortieth high school reunion is next month. My younger brother is a grandfather twice over.

You were right to not pay $60 for Old Navy jeans. Around here they retail for $25-30 and you can get them on sale for under $20.

Kids who were born the year I graduated high school are now middle aged IF they live to be 100.

I’m well into my second generation of students (the kids of former students). You feel really old when you find yourself saying “Back when I taught your father how to do this…”