How does my free ISP support itself?

I’ve wondered about this too - though common sense says they can sell the information they gather or the pop-up ads pay for it, I wonder. A few years ago Dell was offering free internet out of France, called Dellnet. Now maybe i just can’t find the link anymore, or the homepage is meant to be “not found” but I can still dial up for the cost of a phone call and have free internet even if the service has been “nixed”. Interesting, wonder what they’re getting from me?..

Powers

Maybe you’re talking about something else, but with NoCharge, there are no pop-up ads, even on the website.

It doesn’t have to be a pop-up ad, any old ad will bring in money.

Well, not quite. If I visit CNN’s website, and there are banner ads on the page, CNN is making money from those. My ISP doesn’t get a thing for it.

I just meant on the ISP’s own page, though, that they send people to first. Maybe Coke is putting ads there and paying, like, £40,000 per ad, per show, as a humanitarian gesture or something.

That’s bound to be it.

NoCharge.com is apparently owned by International Telecom LTD, a Seattle-based regional telecommunications carrier.