How early should someone lose their virginity?

Okay greck, you’ve just made the “watch for” list.
For me it was 17. For my daughter it’ll be 52. Everyone’s different.

Okay greck, you’ve just made the “watch for” list.
For me it was 17. For my daughter it’ll be 52. Everyone’s different.

I waited until 24 due to a very strict religious (at the time) outlook. Personally, I wish I hadn’t and instead, would have treated sex more responsibly than as a perculiar curiosity. That way, I think one deals with the emotional aspects better. And I also feel there would have been a lot less baggage, questioning, and the like. My only prerequisite should have been me and my/their maturity and where our relationship stood. Sadly, not the case.

But, no matter what, wait until you are absolutely BEYOND certain that you are ready (including mentally) and capable of handling whatever decisions that may mean, for both you and your partner(s), down the road. Choose wisely.

My mom always told me that I should wait until I could handle a baby.

I took that to mean when I had $300.00 saved up and knew Planned Parenthood’s phone number. I lost mine at a young (but not shockingly young) age, and I’ve never regreted a thing. I chose a partner that was also a good friend, and it was all a grand adventure. But then I’ve had a good understanding of my own sexuality from a young age, and I was in complete control of the situation and very aware of what I was doing. So I guess that is my standard- when you know what your doing and why you are doing it.

Old enough to be having a wedding night.

Just curious now myself… but to those of you who say wait until the wedding night, what should someone gay do? Especially if they’re not allowed “marriage” in their home country, then what?

And I don’t mean to hijack Aslan’s thread, but this would seem to be something to consider, definitely if one doesn’t always know the sexual orientation of the person putting forth the question.

I agree with most of the posts here, that the “right” age is different for different people. Personally, I lost my virginity at 17 and was ready at that age.

I couldn’t imagine having it any younger than I did, which was 18. But, I grew up in a small town and word travelled fast. That’s why I waited until I was in college. Plus the fact that there were no guys that appealed to me in my little hick town.

TO never have sex.:stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Mine was 21. I recommend significantly younger, in general, but as others have said what’s right for one isn’t necessarily right for another.

"*When Roses turn red
they’re ready for plucking
When Girls turn Sixteen
they’re ready for…

a driver’s license.*"
:smiley:

“Lets get them meek bastards NOW!

Between 15 and 17.

My opinion, for what it’s worth:

If I had a teenage child, I would want them to wait until they were at least 17 or 18 years old. Personally, I was 15 when the proverbial cherry was popped, and in retrospect, wished I’d have waited.

I was 21, which on the balance I think is too old. A quick fling a few years earlier would have saved me a great deal of worry and heartache.

But it depends on the person.

“How early should someone lose their virginity?”

About 7am when they are rested from a great night of sleep & they can pay for a baby for 18 years.

Whenever they’re emotionally, mentally, physically, and at least somewhat financially ready (in other words, having the cash to pay for their plan in case of whoops, whether that plan be 18 years of rearing a child, a nine-month term and then adoption, or an abortion). For some people, that’s rather young. Others may never reach that point. Most people won’t wait until that point anyway). In the end, it’s all up to the individual.

I lost it, and, in retrospect, I guess I “should have” waited longer. But I don’t regret it. I trusted the guy I was with, we’re still friends, I didn’t feel used (at least not in that regard), and I got in a bit of practice before meeting my fiance, and therefore didn’t make a complete ass of myself later on.

There are two sayings which come to mind: “Old enough to bleed? Old enough to breed.” and, “A virgin is a girl who can outrun her father.”

Thankfully, we live in more enlightened times.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this. People don’t magically become mature on their 18th birthday; sexual, physical, emotional and intellectual maturity are all separate and unrelated processes. Most guys get laid as soon as they can figure hout how. Most girls get laid after they’ve been asked a few times by a few different guys.

I can’t make an Ann Landers-type quiz here, but I guess it comes down to a few questions:

–Can you bring yourself to ask someone for sex?

–Can you buy condoms from the matronly old woman at the prescription counter without blushing or giggling?

–Are you ready for the responsibilities of parenthood?

–Do you think love scenes in movies at all resemble real life as anyone has ever experience it?

–Are you gonna freak out when you see your girlfriend’s un-PLAYBOYlike A-cup breasts, body hair, and veins on her skin?

–Do you know going in that everybody’s First Time is invariably a huge disappointment?

Oh, here’s the biggest secret about sex, the one I wish someone had told me before “going in”: The first time you have sex with a particular girl (I’m assuming you’re a guy, Aslan, and that ladies are what you crave), you’re going to gain an unexpected insight into her personality. Physical and emotional tics she tried hard to conceal will become very obvious very quickly. Demure girls will turn out to be bossy, street-tough girls will turn out to be unexpectedly timid, and so on. Some of these insights may freak you out, and you’ll find out first-hand why those loutish jock guys you hate and envy sometimes dump their girl after the first time they have sex. Yep, you’ll gain these insights about your gal.

And she’ll gain some similar ones about you.

Good hunting!

Please tell me you’re joking.

I was 2 weeks shy of my 18th birthday. My boyfriend was 18. My boyfriend of 2 and 1/2 years and I had talked about it since we got together. We decided that high school was not a good time, but we couldn’t wait that long and had sex a month before graduation. We were both ready long before, but logistically, it was better to wait.

In answer to the OP: When you can call the person you lose it to your best friend.