How freaking hot IS it?

It was so hot out that North Korea test launched a long range Popsicle.

It was so hot today I saw a funeral procession pull into a Dairy Queen.

It was so hot today I saw an Amish guy buying an air conditioner.

At 2:15 pm, it is in the low 70’s right now here in Santa Bar…never mind where I am…we have enough people here already.

Careful man. Let’s not start another gold rush here.

It’s 73 here in San Jo - er, Nirvana. About 50% humidity. It’ll cool down tonight to about 50 for comfortable sleeping.

Exactly.

The part that sucks is that I’m by nature a bit of a country girl – I like modern conveniences but I don’t much like living in the city – and I was living on Guadalupe and 26th at the time.

For y’all who don’t know Austin, that’s on the corner of two main streets bordering UT campus. It’s also, for its traffic, a hellishly narrow street in need of repair, repaving, and repainting. The smell of exhaust was intense and the occasional car accident right outside my window was a little jarring.

And FTR it seems to have been not that hot on Saturday: per Weather Underground it was a max of 97 degrees. Apparently it’s close to average for mid-July. Felt hot though!

OregonLive - 22 July 2010

Anyone want to know the prognostication for next summer yet? :smiley:
One hint. Enjoy this summer while it lasts.

You want hot? Check out this picture (not photoshopped!) I took last summer in Corning, California:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/43t43pqSKQTRCq6Erm8S5A?

Well, it wasn’t really that hot, but I did suffer through a week of 100+ days on that particular road trip. Even when I got up before dawn to go hiking, it was still 75-80 degrees out. Thank god for air conditioning and hotel swimming pools!

I came across a website that has a large collection of daily temperature and other weather data for places all around the world. Using it I confirmed that this is the warmest year where I live (19 days above 40 C in April) since 1992 (when there were 20 April days 40+).

I try to keep informed via Internet so was slightly embarassed saying “Hot enough for you?” to the guy changing my oil and learning from him that “El Nino” was the culprit. My Google skills are poor and I couldn’t find much about El Nino or its cycles, beyond a hint that it may indeed be partly to blame for S.E. Asia’s present heat.

92⁰, heat index 104⁰

This is Wisconsin ferchrissake!

It’s so hot down here in South Texas (hok, q, spit) that I saw a dog chasin’ a cat, and they were both walkin!

C’mon man, justify the box. Tell me you went all Gandhi on that 1/2 cup.

Hot as this summer’s been, I think it pales compare to last summer. I honestly don’t ever remember one where we spent more effort trying to avoid the worst of the heat of the day. God as my witness I thought turkeys would fry. Maybe it’s just the near record rain we’ve been blessed with this year, > 5x normal for July. That’ll grin ya’.