How Long Did you Hold out against Covid?

My wife and I have yet to be infected. She doesn’t get out much but I work outside the home and consider us lucky, especially since we live in Florida.

Tested positive two days ago. Picked it up in Vegas the past week. Feel like shit, but I’m fully vaccinated with the fifth Covid shot just last month. The wife caught Covid in Bangkok in March, and she’s testing negative now.

It finally got me. Negative antigen test yesterday after an exposure, but a second test today came back positive.

My daughter’s husband (an MD) has been very sick for the past few days. He tested negative for COVID and Influenza two days ago. A repeat COVID test yesterday was positive.

He’s fully vaccinated but working with patients who are sick. He’s surprised how lethargic he is.

Until December 2020. Then I got it again in January 2022, then again in August 2022, and now I have it again. I’m vaccinated and boosted, I wear masks when I’m at the store, etc., and my social life has never recovered from 2020, so I don’t know what’s up. Maybe I’m just predisposed to contracting it. On the plus side, I’ve had a less severe infection each time.

I lasted until two days ago. Attended a writers’ conference in Vegas, and a big bunch of the folks who attended came back with the ‘Rona. I’m fully vaxxed and boosted, and so far it feels like a bad cold. I’m hoping it won’t get any worse.

The spouse went with me and also popped his COVID cherry (a day after I did). At least we’ll be able to isolate together, but Thanksgiving is going to be very dull.

I still haven’t gotten it. :crossed_fingers:t4:

I’ve been exposed multiple times. I’m retired and live alone, so I’m not in contact with the general public except at the grocery store. I don’t hang out regularly with any groups, except –

I sing in a church choir and different members have come down with it over the past couple of years, no one very seriously, even though we’re old – 60s & 70s mostly. No anti-vaxxers. We wore masks for a very long time and only stopped a few months ago.

I don’t know why I haven’t gotten it. Yet.

Approximately 2 years, 9 months. :grinning: I am now officially in the club, and trying not to lose sleep over it. I am quadruple vaxxed, mask up on public transportation, and I don’t exactly work with the public anymore, but I have been out and about more than usual in the past two weeks. Add to that the major stresses of last month(a whole department quit within a week at my workplace)and bingo. Boy is it a drag notifying people that you’ve exposed. However, I try to keep in mind that it would be a dick move not to do so.

2 years, 10.5 months. Quintuple vaxxed, masked in public except when eating in public is unavoidable (in this case, airline delays resulted in 7 hours stuck in the airport + 2 off-hour meals out while traveling). Both of us tested positive this morning. The experience is like a moderate cold (sneezing a bit, coughing (especially when the air is dry), occasional headache. The most stressful part thus far has been reaching our PCP and then finding a pharmacy that had Paxlovid).

ETA: No liver test required (What's the name of the liver test that they run before they'll prescribe Paxlovid? - #4 by Qadgop_the_Mercotan).

Assuming the timer starts on March 11th, 2020, I held out 1,014 days.

Imgur

Dammit.

Best wishes.

I had a cold a few weeks ago, my first illness of any type since COVID. I was sure it was COVID, as I felt really awful. I tested myself three times, all negative.

I realized that I may have it on my way to work when I noticed I could taste neither my sausage mcmuffin nor my Diet Coke.

Called my boss from the parking lot of the office, was told to turn around and get a COVID test, and here I am.

The good news is: I can catch up on my podcasts! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

My wife recently got it for the first time. We started wearing masks when around each other and we slept separately for several nights. I tested multiple times over a couple weeks and still seem to have avoided it. My wife felt like shit for several days but has since recovered.

We had the two round Pfizer, one booster, then got the New&Improved booster in October.

I’ve tested every time I’ve felt off over the last nearly three years (many times) but still haven’t had a positive test knock on wood

Hope your symptoms are mild and you can actually enjoy quarantining!

Well, I just got a call from a woman who wants me to meet her divorced friend, so the day isn’t entirely shot! :smile:

I held out until Monday at 2:30 am, when I woke up with chills under a down blanket and figured something was not right. I am so glad I trusted my instincts and went straight to Urgent Care when they opened for a rapid PCR. Within 12 hours of first symptoms, I was on antivirals. I am also quintuple-vaxxed, have been working remotely 100%, and mask everywhere feasible other than my own home. The only indoor place I had been to during the incubation period was the grocery store - masked with a KN-95-level mask. Sigh.

Unfortunately this past Saturday, I had 2 fully vaxxed friends in the house after all of us tested negative, and then Sunday night we had the first family Hanukkah celebration with immediate family only - six of us, all fully vaxxed and boosted (except my nephew is due for his Omicron booster). Goddamn it. I will be fine, but am more worried about my brother-in-law, who has just about every risk factor there is - diabetes, congestive heart failure, history of cancer, etc. Hopefully the vaccinations will save us all. I am feeling much better now - the fever was gone on day 2, so I am just weak. Managed to work half a day, but am about to crawl back into bed with the cats.

I can conclusively say that masks do not work when they stay in your carry on bag and never make it to your face.

I should probably just put myself in the covidiot thread.

Cool. What’s his name?

Her name?

Natalia.

49, southeastern US. To the best of my knowledge I have not had it. I feel like my trip to Seattle for Christmas may have pushed my luck, but I continue to test negative with no significant symptoms (sinus issues are a regular thing for me).

I continue to mask in stores, absolutely masked in the airport and on the plane. I ride the train to work and mask on that plus anytime I have to be around the students (I work at a university).

I’ve had the full set of my shots and boosters - but I also suspect I’ve been lucky along with careful.