How Long Did you Hold out against Covid?

I held out until this week. I just had a Covid test show positive about an hour ago.

1,025 for me.

Best wishes.

I just returned from traveling cross country, and I’m kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. But I feel okay today, and tested negative last night when I had a (all too common for me) sore throat.

Just tested positive an hour ago. AFAIK, I haven’t had Covid until now.

Thanks.

I’m old and diabetic which puts me into higher risk groups, but so far it’s basically like a bad flu. I wouldn’t exactly say I’m a happy camper but I’m not having difficulty breathing or anything like that. It could easily be worse.

Hopefully your sore throat is just a sore throat.

Almost three years.

My girlfriend tested positive last Friday (negative on Monday) and I tested positive on Monday. We’re both vaxxed and double boosted. Mostly, it feels like a bad cold. The Paxlovid after taste is the worst part so far.

Until Dec. 17. Felt cold symptoms, a bit milder than my usual colds, but test came up positive. My wife never tested positive. Symptoms stayed mild, and I feel like I’m completely over it. Never lost taste or smell. Took me about 10 days to get a negative result.

I haven’t had it…yet.

I think I had a very mild case at the beginning of March 2020–but then for a long time I was exhausted and felt like I was losing my mind.

I had it again last June, even after being vaccinated (stuff mutates like crazy). It hit the office where I work. I mostly had a bad case of the runs, which I at first attributed to eating overripe nectarines, and a few cold symptoms. In this case there didn’t seem to be any long term effects.

Tested positive about 10 minutes ago. Felt a bit hangoverish all day, but we’re waiting for a gas engineer and the gas company asked if anyone in the house had Covid symptoms. I said no but, y’know, the polite thing to do is test. And here we are.

j

ETA - I’m hiding in a locked bedroom and will do until the engineer has been.

I still don’t have it (knock on wood), but I’m wondering, what is the current procedure/protocol if you do come up positive? And you’ve had all vaccines and boosters? Do you go in search of drugs? Or does it depend on how bad your symptoms are? Do you go for Paxlovid even if mild symptoms, because you don’t want to wait for them to get worse?

You go in search of Paxlovid if you’re 65 or in other risk categories (e.g., diabetes) immediately because you have to find it available and start it within the first 5 days.

Ok. I’m 74 and have type 2 diabetes. Thanks. :+1:t4:

Both my wife and I haven’t had it yet. We have family members, my BIL, my daughter, my sister that have had it more than once. My sister came the closest to dying, she spent 6 weeks in the hospital. Got a message from my doctor’s office the other day saying they are trying to keep enough Paxlovid in stock to treat their patients that are over 65.

My wife and I still mask up. I have been working from home pretty much all the time since the pandemic started.

Neither of us have ever tested positive. :slight_smile:

Huh, i thought there was plenty, now.

It’s in short supply in many areas.

Use this locator for test-and-treat to find Paxlovid. Pharmacists can dispense it according to a protocol, you won’t have to finagle a visit to a physician or an urgent care to get it prescribed.

That’s handy, thanks!

Dang. Finally got it and tested positive New Year’s Day. As of yesterday, I’m negative. Most likely vector of transmission was the guy who came to fix my son’s dishwasher gave it my son, who gave it to my wife at Christmas (he had a fever and very little appetite) (she came down with symptoms two days before me), who gave it to me. Luckily the other son who is back from college did not get it (no symptoms, tested negative each time he tested).

Double vaxed and boosted, but hadn’t gotten around to the newest booster. Symptoms similar to a really bad cold, with fever but no loss of taste/smell.

And the streak is over. Just tested positive. It was a good run.