How Many CHristian Sects Frown on Birthday Celebrations?

Serious question based on a real situation that came up the other day.

My son is in 2nd grade and will celebrate his 8th birthday in a few weeks. His best buddy at school is a Mexican kid (literally- he’s from an immigrant family). We invited this kid to my son’s party, but were told by his Mom that he couldn’t come because they don’t celebrate birthdays.

I asked “Is this because of your church?” She responded affirmatively.

Now, I didn’t get into a long discussion about this, nor did I ask what church she belonged to, though I had an idea. I just said we understood, and that we’d miss her son. (For what it’s worth, she LIKES our son fine, and would be happy to let her son come over to our house for play dates, etc.).

My guess was that they were Jehovah’s Witnesses, because I’ve long heard that they don’t celebrate birthdays and shun many/most traditional Christian or patriotic holidays as too pagan. But are there other Christian sects that also shun birthday celebrations?

Lessee~

Jehovah’s Witnesses, of course.
I don’t think Russellite Bible Students (from which the JWs came) are anti-b’day.

Armstrongist Churches of God (but not the Garner Ted Armstrong Evangelistic Association)

Assemblies of Yahweh (founded by Elder Jacob O. Meyer)

I’m sure there are a few more, but those are the only ones I can think of. Perhaps some Identity, ultra-Reformed, & fringe fundy churches. If you know any that frown on Christmas & Easter, birthdays are probably not thought highly of, either. Except for the above-mentioned GTAEA.