How many dopers have been in a movie.

Double for me, since I’ve been an extra in two movies.

Played in the band in a B-movie horror flick.

I played the “red herring” in an extremely low-budget local production several years ago. It was a horrible production, involving several members of a comedy group I was in at the time (one of whom has since went on to become a teacher at Second City in Chicago).

If we’re counting documentaries, I both helped write and appeared in one on Moscow a few years ago.

Not physically appeared, but I sang and played on the soundtrack of a truly embarrassing independent film that, while it was certainly targeted at a particular niche audience, did get a national release and showed up on the radar of mainstream media.

:smack:

Cool. We should start a new group: Dopers in Docs

I had a part in a professionally made educational video meant for mentally handicapped people. So I had to speak my lines :real: slow and clear.

Well, it was a fun student job. Shooting took half a day. And technically, I starred in a movie. :slight_smile:

I’ll bet that fox was mighty cross.

I haven’t been in a movie, but I think I might have been on a public TV show about the New Math at some point in the early sixties. Although given that I was pretty unsure of the use of the math sticks they gave us, I might not have gotten any air time.

Oh, if documentaries count, then I had a line as “daughter of” one of the two documentaries about my dad.

I also was, like several other Dopers, a contestant in the Dutch Jeopardy. Made it to the second round.

I also had lines in one or two items in my towns local news, usually for the cat shelter I volunteered for.

If I have something to tell that I would think would benefit from media attention, (as happens in my job, and my volunteer projects) I mostly just pitch the idea to the local or -on occasion- national media and sometimes they pick it up.

I was in an uncredited speaking roll in A League of Their Own. I got a close-up and a speaking scene with Tom Hanks.

Not enough to get a SAG card, sadly.

Awesome! Is there a clip of it on Youtube?

I also know that Doper Indygirll once played a sexy vamp in a music video.

I have credits as the accountant in at least two projects. (As in, I did payroll, bookkeeping and/or grant reporting. No on-screen parts.)

My wife has several Producer credits and some other crew credits. Also no on-screen parts.

Most of these projects are so indie that I can be sure no one has seen them… well, maybe not no one, since some of them did get award mentions.

I work for a company that installs and services commercial fire alarm and suppression systems. About twenty years ago, a factory sent a film crew in to film me installing a restaurant fire suppression system in a Perkin’s Restaurant. They used this as the training film for a few years until the system I was installing was redesigned.

No one except other distributers and installers ever saw it, but it was worth a few beers when I went to the next installer’s training session.

:mad: I was a professional extra for about a decade. I’ve lost track of the number of movies I was in. And I was clearly identifiable in several of them.

My Kevin Bacon number is 2. :wink:

Cool, what is the time stamp of the moment?

I was in a short student film in college that won 1st place at Purdue’s annual film festival. It wasn’t a particularly good (or long) movie. I think we won because we added a *shitload *of additional features to the DVD, like multiple foreign language translations. I helped come up with the script, with the director and one other friend of his. We all were credited as writers for that. I also held up a boom mic for several of the scenes I wasn’t in. And the director (a friend of mine) made up some bogus additional title for me, since I was the only one with a car and schlepped all our shit–and actors–from place to place over the span of the month we needed to shoot. I don’t remember the exact title, something like Transportation Grip. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t want to share the name of the film, lest I be internet detectived and/or embarrassed. I did just find out that I’m actually listed on IMDB with a writer credit and an actress credit for the movie, though. :smiley: Pretty cool!

Alright, we have a winner. Actually having a IMDB mention makes you a trained professional.

Well. I COULD be on IMDB. I’m listed in the film credits. I would just have to notify IMDB.

hmmmph.

…I mean…just because I was paid with a Red Robin gift card…hmmmph.

I’ve been in a couple of student-type films, both of which were award winning! (in 1996 and 1997, I think, but I can’t find any records online). Though considering the competition, that really wasn’t saying much. I’ve also been on TV, sort of though not really (as a puppeteer).

Though my friends and I have made a lot of short films, I have only been crew or an anonymous crowd-filling extra in those.

I had my personal video game in a movie :slight_smile:

About 5 years ago, I listed a full size Virtua Cop arcade machine on Craigslist. A week later I got a call from a guy named Alex that they were making a movie in the Ozarks (I live near KC) and wanted to buy my machine for the movie.

The whole crew came to my house and we packed that thing into a cargo van. Met the producer and a few actors and did not give it much though until the movie came out this year… yep there is my old VC arcade in multiple shots and eventually getting smashed!

Movie is titled “Awful Nice”.

That’s about as close to a movie appearance as I will likely ever reach.