How many dopers have been in a movie.

All kidding aside, if I could get listed in IMDB I’d do it in a heartbeat. It would be really cool. Get hold of them and let them know.
I think I’d leave out the part about the gift card though.

ahem

Yeah I don’t what the criteria are to be listed on IMDB, but it couldn’t be a high bar if I got on there. I wasn’t even paid, unless you count a series of Jimmy John’s sandwiches. :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct: I was an Avengers extra - Cafe Society - Straight Dope Message Board

There are multiple Dopers with IMDb credits, but mostly for crew roles. I’ve got an IMDb page, though it’s a brief one.

If we’re basing things on IMDB listing, I just wanted to add an update for my status and my wife’s. You’ll find her on there credited as Producer and you’ll find me on there credited as Production Accountant. Still nothing on-screen, though.

Seeing as my wife’s family was the target audience I ended up seeing that. How did you guys get roped in to playing for it?

I was the child killed by a drunk driver in a driver’s ed film produced by the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. But they didn’t use any of my voice, so it doesn’t count.

Still, it ranks among the least weird of my childhood memories.

Can we start making some up, now it’s clear no dopers are famous?

I played the lead alien in Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
I had quite an interesting monologue explaining how we’d both aided Indy’s survival of the nuclear explosion, and warped space so that Shia could conceivably catch a speeding jeep by swinging through the treetops. I concluded that the real monster is man.
Unfortunately, it got cut.

It’s also quite possible the members who have had speaking roles in films people might have seen don’t necessarily want to share that information, too. (And no, I’ve never been in a movie).

Filthy lucre, of course! :smiley:

Halestorm Entertainment put out the word to prominent local acts (or which we were one at the time) of an open audition - bands did a garage/basement recording of their rendition of a Mormon hymn or children’s song as a proof of concept. Those chosen for the soundtrack would receive:

1. Eight hours of recording time at the best studio in Utah Valley, with any time not needed to record the soundtrack song free for the band’s use
  2. VIP tickets to the red carpet premiere of The R.M.
  3. $500

We used the excess studio time to cut the drum tracks for four of our own songs (since that’s the stuff most dependent on room and mic quality), we cashed the check forthwith, and we all skipped the premiere.

In fact, to this day I still haven’t seen the whole movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not an extra but a chorus memberin this film (which did in fact have a brief theatrical release). So I have a huge number of lines and reasonable amount of screen time, technically speaking; it’s just that a lot of other people were also saying the same lines at the same time.

But I have it on good authority that we are all individuals:smiley:

Been in eight independent movies. Had a speaking role in six of them. In one of the non-speaking ones I laughed for the soundtrack.

In every filmed version of Waiting for Godot, I have played the title role.