How many members Ignore me?

No, just been quiet. School has a way of sucking the energy out of you.

I promise that I will never ignore you unless I dislike the OP of a thread and don’t open it all. If you post in that thread, I won’t know it but it is the OP I’m ignoring and not you.

Ignore List-related question for the mods: is it still verboten to say or suggest that someone is on your ignore list, as it once was?

It’s allowed in the Pit and verboten in the other forums.

You’re a 99’er and you’re just now feeling ignored? Good for you! You have finally arrived at the Dope. :wink:

Thanks, Marley23.

I don’t have an ignore list, and I’ve been here a long time. Trolls get punted into the weeds here.

About a year ago, on a local forum, I put a couple of unbearable jerks on ignore. That board had no moderation whatever. It was taken down after a lawsuit, and doesn’t exist any more.

Not necessarily. Not everyone checks their PMs on a regular basis, so somebody not answering you doesn’t always mean they despise you. I once PMed someone who noticed it months later and responded. Meanwhile, I’d forgotten about it myself and I was the one who initiated the exchange.

Whose’s Spartacus?

It’s the narcissism. :stuck_out_tongue:

Happens all the time. A lot of people don’t read threads front to back, so they’ll generally only note the most recent couple posts when they show up to a thread (and maybe read the OP too), so if you aren’t there when the people interested in responding to a comment like yours are there, you’ll be passed over. The next guy was just lucky.

You forgot to mention other aspect: a lot of people wind up responding after only skimming the thread (if even that much). It’s easy to miss a single comment.

Also, whether they’ve read your comment or not, sometimes someone else in the thread has said it better. Or, in places where there are ongoing arguments, maybe everyone agrees with you, and they’d rather argue with everyone else.

I’m Spartacus!

: d&r :