How many Non-japanese animated series have *KILLED* characters during their run?

I seem to remember … aw man, what was Michael Dorn’s character’s name, Cold Stone? dying in Gargoyles too… Or I could be completely forgetting.

Man, what a great show.

And Cobra Commander got turned into a snake… which I guess isn’t death (especially since he eventually got better) but it freaked me out as a kid.

Lion-o’s mentor guy, I forget his name, died in the first episode of Thundercats, although only in the Obi-wan sense, since his spirit stuck around.

And everyone though Sven from Voltron was dead for like 2 seasons, although that is Japanese show, so doesn’t count.

You mean the original blue pilot? He wasn’t dead? I must have missed that episode.

It was Jaga(sp?), wasn’t it? I can’t believe I remember that.

Whaat?! Who’s died on the Powerpuff Girls?

Oh yes. Bunny. :o <embarassed cough> Why didn’t I look at that post harder?

Nope, in the first ep. he gets paralyzed, or goes into a coma, i forget which. Obviously he can’t pilot the tiger, so the princess does. They pretty much ignored him after that episode.

And also, Beast Wars essentially killed of Tigertron and Airrazor. They are taken by the alien intelligence, and fused together to make Tigerhawk, who has a new mind/personality that isn’t really either of the two’s, so they in essense are dead. (And I just wanted to say that they way the original Dinobot died was great…so heroic and befitting for his character…“I died…with honor…” Man, that show had some great writing.)

accroding to:
http://members.tripod.com/scarlett_d/noframes/faq.html

Q. What happened to Sven? Why doesn’t he fly the Blue Lion anymore?
A. Sven was injured by Haggar and was sent to planet Ebb for healing. While he was gone, Allura decided to help the Voltron Force by flying the Lion. Later, Zarkon attacked Ebb and brought Sven to planet Doom, where he meets Rommelle in the Pit of Skulls.
I really don’t remember all that, but I could’ve sworn it was heavily implied he was dead, and it was supposed to be a big surprise when he showed up again later.

According to this episode guide:
http://www.arus.org/voltron/lioneps.html
“The princess joins up” in episode 5 of season one, and the “return of Sven” is episode 11 of season 2. Funny it sure seemed like there were a lot more than 3 seasons (2 lion, 1 vehicle). I guess maybe my memory was just as foggy then as it is now. “If you can’t remember it, it’s new to you!”

Well, at BotCon 2001 (the annual Transformers convention), the convention-exclusive goodies included a new Tigatron figure, and a Hasbro-sanctioned comic book that included the resurrection of Tigatron. So he’s no longer in the “D” column, kids.

dont forget Dr. Marvin Monroe on the Simpsons

In the (IMHO) extremely entertaining short-lived sci-fi animated series on WB, Invasion America several main characters are killed off. Most notably, Leonard Nimoy’s character rams straight into the side of a mountain in a stealth bomber. Ouch!

Since Sven is mentioned, we rented a Voltron from the video store a couple of years ago. We didn’t remember Sven, but his voice made us giggle uncontrollably every time he spoke. We didn’t know from the episode we saw how Sven left and the Princess came, but we theorized that Sven went back to the frozen northern lands from whence he came to form SVENTRON!
Sven, Olga, Bjorn, Smilla and Jurgen!

There was also Exo-Squad. I only ever caught a couple of episodes, but I’m pretty sure some major characters bought the farm from time to time.